• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC graded comic sleeves with sealing flap?

27 posts in this topic

Some years ago I purchased a load of sleeves that has a red peel-off strip on the flap that you could put your slab into and then seal it closed. They had 2 sizes, a thin one for modern age comics and a thicker one for the older golden age books. I can't seem to find them for sale anymore and I've run out of the ones used for the thicker CGC slabs. Anybody know if their still makeing these sleeves and where to buy them at onlin?. Thanks and Best2u.

Just got some from Hot Flips a couple of weeks ago. Not sure they have two sizes, but they fit Golden through modern slabs pretty comfortably. Some tightness on 100/80 page books, but will still go on without tearing (but the sleeve is clearly pretty taut there). You can pm Hot Flips on the board here or order from their website...real friendly folks and they should be able to set you up (thumbs u

SE

Has anyone mentioned Comic Supply??? I hear they got great stuff with a quick turnaround time. :flamed::flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed: :flamed:

Actually, no they do not...if you do shop around I cannot urge you strongly enough to avoid this company for your supplies...this board is littered with massive threads detailing transactions that went sour (generally along the lines of taking payment and never shipping or shipping months to years late).

Just a friendly warning :D

SE

Some years ago I purchased a load of sleeves that has a red peel-off strip on the flap that you could put your slab into and then seal it closed. They had 2 sizes, a thin one for modern age comics and a thicker one for the older golden age books. I can't seem to find them for sale anymore and I've run out of the ones used for the thicker CGC slabs. Anybody know if their still makeing these sleeves and where to buy them at onlin?. Thanks and Best2u.

The Hotflips CGC resealable bag is cheaper... but the bag with the red peel-off strip you're talking about is from Bags Unlimited.

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/browse.asp?subcat=375