• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All this talk about pressing sparked my interest in vendors...

9 posts in this topic

Please respect your fellow boardies and their opinions.

Please don't flame as this is a legit question.

If you are anti press, sorry the question does not apply to you.

I am having trouble finding reviews on the different vendors. What good dependable companies are out there?

PM if you wish but I feel its a benefit for the whole community.

I've used both Classics Inc. (Matt Nelson) and CFP Comics (joeypost) - as far as I'm concerned they're both topnotch.

These days I primarily use joeypost because he's cheaper, faster and just as good as Matt Nelson.

Matt Nelson, JoeyPost and Brent (QualityComix) all provide quality service. At one time Tracey Heft (Eclipse) also provided a pressing service; not sure if that is still the case.

It depends on what type of service you're seeking. Pressing a bend out of an otherwise high grade bronze book or severe spineroll from a GA with cream pages. These require different levels of experience. I would check with the individual service to see if it's a job they would handle.

I had a great experience with Classics Inc (Matt Nelson) myself so I can say that it was top notch. Also, Matt was super easy to get a hold of on the phone and discuss particulars which I think is an awesome thing.

I haven't used anyone else as of yet besides a local buddy who has his own dry mount press that has hooked me up. I have really only heard good things about Joeypost so I'd think that he's another strong option.

Joeypost provides a great service, that is, if you can stomach the greedy, puppy-kicking SOB long enough.

Since we are both lifelong Charter members of the CFP, I have no choice. :P

And if you ever run into him at a show or Forum dinner, be sure to ask him to tell the tale of how he turned a stack of Star Wars # 1s into a mega Marvel key. Good stuff. :applause: