• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morrison discusses Batman and Robin - Season 2, etc

13 posts in this topic

:headbang: Hiyo!

Grant "Does it Again" Morrison... I am on the band-wagon for life with anything he does, just awesome!

I believe Grant "Does it Again" Morrison passionate patronage to homage/continuity is extremely rare and unbecoming of some, but I am glad he is with DC.

He is hands down, without a shadow of doubt, without a inkling nor a crumb of fault... the third best DC writer in the history of comic books. Behind Jack Kirby and Frank Miller, of course.

He is hands down, without a shadow of doubt, without a inkling nor a crumb of fault... the third best DC writer in the history of comic books. Behind Jack Kirby and Frank Miller, of course.

How far down that list do we go before we get to Alan Moore? (shrug)

I would put Geoff Johns right up there as well. Johns and Morrison are the lynch-pins of the DC universe right now. Thats why DC is enjoying the sales victory against Marvel right now :banana:

Grant "Does it Again" Morrison... I am on the band-wagon for life with anything he does, just awesome!

I believe Grant "Does it Again" Morrison passionate patronage to homage/continuity is extremely rare and unbecoming of some, but I am glad he is with DC.

Kirby was a great writer? doh!

Got to love unrespected.

:baiting: Hiyo!

Really!? Have we forgotten the Kirby's creations of New Gods and all of its characters!?

How bout the love for the Kamandi and its cast!?

... do not even get me started on the awesomeness of O.M.A.C.!

P.S.

Do not doubt the impact of Jack Kirby in the DC Universe for it is still alive and pumping out great stuff!

Got to love unrespected.

Can I get a... what-what!?

P.S.

... what do you mean by, "unrespected"?

I would put Geoff Johns right up there as well. Johns and Morrison are the lynch-pins of the DC universe right now. Thats why DC is enjoying the sales victory against Marvel right now :banana:

By that I would say:

All-Time Greatest of DC/Comic Book History, in general:

Jack Kirby

Frank Miller

Grant Morrison

Alan Moore

Geoff Johns/Marv Wolfman

P.S.

Mike Kunkell could have been the next Jack Kirby for DC and especially he could have fix the long-standing Captain Marvel issues in assimulating him and the family in the DC Universe more smoother, but I do not know what is up with the guy's work-ethic. He was just spectacular for the first 4 issues of Billy Batson and the Magic of SHAZAM!, but to drop-off so quickly... I just hope it was not for medical reasons.

Really!? Have we forgotten the Kirby's creations of New Gods and all of its characters!?

How bout the love for the Kamandi and its cast!?

... do not even get me started on the awesomeness of O.M.A.C.!

P.S.

Do not doubt the impact of Jack Kirby in the DC Universe for it is still alive and pumping out great stuff!

Okay, got it now. You are a shill looking to stir the pot. I will not respond any further. (thumbs u

If Grant Morrison is the 3rd best writer at DC ever, then that does explain why the vast majority of DC titles are utter mess.That whole RIP thing.................

The Only good thing DC has is Green Lantern and Superman right now, I am barely hanging on to the Main Bat title. other then that everything else got canceled, which is good because it allowed me to reallocate to Independents and I have found some really good titles out there I normally would not have tried.