• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage vs. ComicLink: A Quick Snapshot

93 posts in this topic

I think some people would rather not be bothered with extra headaches. For many comics are supposed to fun, light and easy and I'm betting that having to make a covert operation out of getting a book seems a lot like work for people.

Just another unnecessary step for people who would rather have convenience.

I'd fall into that category.

while I agree it is not "as convenient", it is certainly next to nothing to ask a friend to bid for you :foryou:

My wife does out taxes. If I'm not paying sales tax at point of purchase, she'd pay the "use" tax on the transaction anyway. One way or the other, the state will get their $$.

Never let your wife go to one of those tax classes. doh!

I think some people would rather not be bothered with extra headaches. For many comics are supposed to fun, light and easy and I'm betting that having to make a covert operation out of getting a book seems a lot like work for people.

Just another unnecessary step for people who would rather have convenience.

I'd fall into that category.

while I agree it is not "as convenient", it is certainly next to nothing to ask a friend to bid for you :foryou:

My wife does out taxes. If I'm not paying sales tax at point of purchase, she'd pay the "use" tax on the transaction anyway. One way or the other, the state will get their $$.

Never let your wife go to one of those tax classes. doh!

my wife would make an A in a shopping class hm

The 19.5% buyer's premium is a pretty big turn-off to me at Heritage.

I generally don't bother looking at their auctions.

So does anyone know the BP % that comiclink charges right off hand?

If there aren't any, what fees incur for the buyer (I could have sworn I paid some charge

the last time I bought from them).

I just want to compare and factor in the amount for a book I am looking at...

hm

The 19.5% buyer's premium is a pretty big turn-off to me at Heritage.

I generally don't bother looking at their auctions.

So does anyone know the BP % that comiclink charges right off hand?

If there aren't any, what fees incur for the buyer (I could have sworn I paid some charge

the last time I bought from them).

I just want to compare and factor in the amount for a book I am looking at...

hm

Comiclink does not have a buyer's premium, though they charge an extra 3% for those people paying with a credit card.

the way i see it is that the BP at heritage is just a SP in disquise...

when you place a bid at heritage you know what the total price you will end up paying for it is, therfore that(price) is your bid not any bid bid plus extra costs.

eg. if you see a book that you want to pay $500 for then that is what you bid to pay for it no matter what other costs are involved (excluding tax and postage etc).

the trick is that the ammount you actually type in as your bid is midguided.

it is the seller that pays the 19.5% off the actual price paid for and realised at auction

Ben.

what the heritage BP does is punish people that consign lower value items. i received a batch of clipped strips today. paid $15 for it. seller got less than $1, heritage $14+ :ohnoez:

Most likely that is from Heritage's own inventory, as it would not make any sense for a seller to pay those fees for so little return (unless the seller was really deluded on how much he thought he would get).

I think those minimum fees are Heritage's way of discouraging people from consigning small ticket stuff to them.

I think those minimum fees are Heritage's way of discouraging people from consigning small ticket stuff to them.

I'm Mr. Small Ticket. Guess that's why I've never sold with them.

Hope you're right about those not being consignments.

I know Heritage justifies part of those fees for their printed catalogs, photography fees, etc. How many boardies get them? If they eliminated the catalogs for the Signature Sales and threw some of the cost savings at those buyer and seller fees would you be in favor of it?

I like the catalogs. I like flipping through books. That's why I like funny books.

I get tired of always viewing things online. And I can miss things that I find in the catalog.

+1

Heritage is out for me. Buyers premium plus TX state sales tax just doesn't make sense for my bank account. I'd much rather buy from CLINK or eBay...even though it pisses me off that CLINK refuses to play nice with GPA...

The HA premium stinks but I really like the site design and features. :juggle:

Clink is a boring website and no features. Still use them a bunch and love the low buyer fee.

Clink checkout "features" is the source of a soar spot for me. Couple months ago I checkout early and it caused me headaches that I'm still trying to solve. Their system has some programming bugs but for the most part works if you don't try and be creative like me. doh!

Things I would like to see addressed is :

1) a way to archive old purchases instead of removing them.

2) a checkout system that can take into account early checkout.

3) a way to see how much you still owe if you checkout early instead of a sum of $0.

4) a way to see where your books are in the process.

:wishluck:

For the most part I avoid Heritage auction due to BP. Unless it's something I really, really want it's not worth the time and the hassle.