• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the top 10 highest prices paid for a Bronze Age comic?

14 posts in this topic

And are they worth the value that was paid?

I am guessing it is that Hulk 181 CGC 9.9 that sold for 30k or more. Would it still be worth that in this economy?

How about other comics in the top 10? What was paid and are they still worth it?

Grade for grade, the leader must be the 9.6 GL #76 that sold for $35K.

At this time, another copy would probably sell for less. Maybe 26K? I would think the Hulk 181 9.9 would sell for 40K, or therabouts.

Joe there are now 3 9.6 GL 76s on the census, funny how your sale really got the census going. Schmell sold one late last year in one of his auctions and it went for only 22K and change (bet your it was a press and resubmitted 9.4). Sadly enough I think the minimum that Hulk 181 9.9 would go for is 50K and you're likely talking a lot higher then that number I think in an open bidding format.

At this time, another copy would probably sell for less. Maybe 26K? I would think the Hulk 181 9.9 would sell for 40K, or therabouts.

Joe there are now 3 9.6 GL 76s on the census, funny how your sale really got the census going. Schmell sold one late last year in one of his auctions and it went for only 22K and change (bet your it was a press and resubmitted 9.4). Sadly enough I think the minimum that Hulk 181 9.9 would go for is 50K and you're likely talking a lot higher then that number I think in an open bidding format.

hm

I wonder if those three GL 76s are three separate copies, or resubs hoping for a 9.8...

Actually, Your right Eric, on all counts.