• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Input on X-Men 121s

7 posts in this topic

Let me know what you think of both Copy A and Copy B in terms of grade - on Copy A be sure to look closely at the lower right area of the back cover there is minor discoloration/soiling of some type. Also the Cover of Copy A has about a 1/2" indentation on Vindicator's leg.

COPY A FRONT:

xmen-121a-frt-lrg.jpg

COPY A BACK:

xmen-121a-back-lrg.jpg

COPY B FRONT:

xmen-121b-frt-lrg.jpg

COPY B BACK (would the Wonder Bread treatment help here? enough to impact the grade?):

xmen-121b-back-lrg.jpg

Thanks in advance! thumbsup2.gif

That's a moisture stain on the back of copy A. Even if it affects just the cover (no interior pages) that's going to hurt a lot. I personally avoid moisture stains like the plague and would not give a book higher than Fine+ that has one, even if the book was otherwise real spiffy.

Copy B has a little more than the dent on Vindicator's leg to worry about. With that ragged back top edge, some kind of crease/impact going on in the back bottom left corner, and general soiling I'd have to say VG/F tops.

Shoot - looks like I need to re-scan the back of Copy B - there are minor 'bends' at the top, not really the 'jaggedness' that comes off in the scans. There are no tears at all.

i'd be a little kinder on both. A about a 7.0 - 7.5 and B about a 6.0. both appear pretty structurally sound to me.

and capt pikes i'd say each was about an 8.5 - oh they were graded already?! grin.gif sweet, sweet books, those............