• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re-submitted AF#15, Got Downgraded

75 posts in this topic

I just found out through online tracking that it is now has a 4.5.

I still love the book, but it will depress me a bit every time I now look at it. Lesson learned, be careful when re-submitting.

I think if you are really honest with yourself, you listened to the praise from others and thought the book would get a bump up, thereby netting you potentially thousands on a book of this nature.

I'm not having a go at you for this, however you pays your money, you takes your chance.

Personally I would be sick as a pig if my AF15 got downgraded (not that I own one-I wish).

I think even if the case had a crack in it, as long as the book is undamaged, don't re-submit.

Lesson learned? An AF 15 in a cracked slab weighing in as a 5.0, is still more desirable and sellable than an AF 15 weighing in as a 4.5 in a pretty new shiny plastic case. (thumbs u

2c

(thumbs u

I don't see how Freddie's somewhat condescending post merits a thumbs up. The real issue here is why was the book downgraded.

Bomber Bob suggested calling CGC for grader notes. That deserves a (thumbs u

I suggest calling CGC for grader notes on both the original submission (hope you have the slab number for it) and the new submission. If the notes are the same then I would really press for a reason for the downgrade. And lettuce know here. Any insight in the current grading process is valuable. If a 4.5 and a 5.0 have the same grading notes, it would be good to know.

Honestly Googa, graders notes are more then likely going to be exactly the same on a 4.5 as they are on a 5.0.

It is the average of the graders judgement that ultimately decides the grade... for the most part, not the listed defects on the label.

:makepoint:

Honestly Googa, graders notes are more then likely going to be exactly the same on a 4.5 as they are on a 5.0.

It is the average of the graders judgement that ultimately decides the grade... for the most part, not the listed defects on the label.

It's not the average of the graders' judgment that results in the grade, it is the final graders grade that carries the most weight.

You're right about the graders' notes however - they're not very telling in mid-grade books.

I just found out through online tracking that it is now has a 4.5.

I still love the book, but it will depress me a bit every time I now look at it. Lesson learned, be careful when re-submitting.

I think if you are really honest with yourself, you listened to the praise from others and thought the book would get a bump up, thereby netting you potentially thousands on a book of this nature.

I'm not having a go at you for this, however you pays your money, you takes your chance.

Personally I would be sick as a pig if my AF15 got downgraded (not that I own one-I wish).

I think even if the case had a crack in it, as long as the book is undamaged, don't re-submit.

Lesson learned? An AF 15 in a cracked slab weighing in as a 5.0, is still more desirable and sellable than an AF 15 weighing in as a 4.5 in a pretty new shiny plastic case. (thumbs u

2c

(thumbs u

I don't see how Freddie's somewhat condescending post merits a thumbs up. The real issue here is why was the book downgraded.

Bomber Bob suggested calling CGC for grader notes. That deserves a (thumbs u

I suggest calling CGC for grader notes on both the original submission (hope you have the slab number for it) and the new submission. If the notes are the same then I would really press for a reason for the downgrade. And lettuce know here. Any insight in the current grading process is valuable. If a 4.5 and a 5.0 have the same grading notes, it would be good to know.

No need to :makepoint: - I know all this, my very dear Kenneth. But your response, reflecting a victim of disinformation by the millitary/industrial/entertainment/CGC complex, is telling. Oh, so telling.

You know, were I in this position, and the grader notes were the same, I would make myself a considerable pest of CGC. I would be even more relentless than I can be on these boards when I feel I've a point to make. :makepoint:

To just accept this? Bah! And pah! Sheep...you are all sheep.

No need to :makepoint: - I know all this, my very dear Kenneth. But your response, reflecting a victim of disinformation by the millitary/industrial/entertainment/CGC complex, is telling. Oh, so telling.

You know, were I in this position, and the grader notes were the same, I would make myself a considerable pest of CGC. I would be even more relentless than I can be on these boards when I feel I've a point to make. :makepoint:

It is a noble fight good sir to differentiate the subtle differences between a 4.5 and 5.0 in grader notes.

So I say to thee make thyself a pest, if thy consider it a fight worth pestering.

:P

It is a noble fight good sir to differentiate the subtle differences between a 4.5 and 5.0 in grader notes.

So I say to thee make thyself a pest, if thy consider it a fight worth pestering.

:P

Arrghh arrghh! (of, snap! Wrong genre)

Aye, indeed countryman (better), 'tis nobler in the hearts of men (and women) to press on (oh shoot!) seeking reason for the unreasoned, solace for the inconsolable. Nay...justice for the impugned! Acquiesce not, for victory shall befall the victor!

I'm not sure I understand your comment on being honest with myself. I'm pretty clear in my original post I said I thought the book was under-graded, and was found wrong by the three graders this time around. I fully understand the monetary consequences and obviously don't feel too peachy now.

I didn't plan on selling this book any time soon (read - in the next 5 years, or ever), but figured since I wanted to replace the slab I might as well have a go at re-subbing it if I truly thought the downside was receiving the same grade. I'll see how I react every time I see this book (stupid to be emotional, I know), if it tortures me enough I'll sell it at some point and upgrade back. Don't have to remind me how unsavvy I am.

Just to clarify.

I was'nt meaning to rub salt in your wound or be condescending in any way.

I do feel sorry for whats happened to you.

As others have said already, you can always crack the book out and enjoy it in the way it was originally intended.

If you then ever want to sell you can then re-sub again in the future, just pray it does'nt come back a 4.0 :o

Posting what happened to you at least does maybe help others.

If for example in the unlikely event I find myself in that situation with a HUGE book sitting in an iffy slab, I will know what to do., or what not to do. :preach:

What were the three grader's grades on the book when it was a 5.0? NEVER resubmit a book without knowing that...if they gave it 4.5 / 4.5 / 5.0 the first time around, then this isn't much of a surprise.

What were the three grader's grades on the book when it was a 5.0? NEVER resubmit a book without knowing that...if they gave it 4.5 / 4.5 / 5.0 the first time around, then this isn't much of a surprise.

Good advice ;)