• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bernard Baily Spectre page on eBay

114 posts in this topic

one of the interesting things is in that in all my time in teh hobby, I don't think I had ever seen an All Star page that was published (there are a number of unpublished pages). I think Mitch has to agree.

This is a super-rarity and I wouldn't be surprised to see it go for a very high price to any one of the top collectors of that material. It could easily go for $25-50k and if it becomes a bid war, who knows

I'm certain Heritage would probably get the best price, and if any dealer had it at SDCC, you'd probably see a $75k price tag or higher.. Some dealers would probably price it so high that the price itself would be "shock and awe"

It really is a major quality item and like everyone else.. I also wonder what else the owner has.

Rich

pretty cool

the only thing i dislike is the estimated price.

what would have something like this sold for 10 years ago? If someone thinks the

number is around 3K.. I tend not to like collectible hobbies where the price

multiplies by a factor of 7 in just 10 years. Way too trendy for my tastes in that

case.

otherwise.. once again.. very cool piece of comic art.

Awesome collector Steve Stein has another page from All-Star #9 - from the Hawkman story:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=3187

He got it from the same seller on eBay a few years ago. Maybe the entire book is out there?

When this page first hit eBay, there was a lot of chatter from old school collectors. Consensus was that it would end in the 8K range but that FMV was in the 15K range.

Chances are that now that everyone knows about it that it winds up selling for closer to FMV as everyone that wants it will be trying to get it now before it costs them more later.

When this page first hit eBay, there was a lot of chatter from old school collectors. Consensus was that it would end in the 8K range but that FMV was in the 15K range.

Chances are that now that everyone knows about it that it winds up selling for closer to FMV as everyone that wants it will be trying to get it now before it costs them more later.

Indeed, this page was brought up on the CFA-APA mailing list and a flurry of posts ensued. Some believed that whatever it sold for on Ebay, would be less than FMV-- and that we'd subsequently see it on a dealer's site or Heritage, perhaps a year or so from now.

Assuming that happens (and it's probably unlikely at this point), does it matter if it's a dealer who does the flipping or a collector? Just curious if folks see a distinction.

This piece would not have sold for 3k 10 years ago. It would have sold for much, much more.

pretty cool

the only thing i dislike is the estimated price.

what would have something like this sold for 10 years ago? If someone thinks the

number is around 3K.. I tend not to like collectible hobbies where the price

multiplies by a factor of 7 in just 10 years. Way too trendy for my tastes in that

case.

otherwise.. once again.. very cool piece of comic art.