• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bernard Baily Spectre page on eBay

114 posts in this topic

Hey Scott- Vincent from ComicZoneRadio.com. We did an interview a few years back. Hope you are doing well.

Hi Vince!

Of course I remember! Hope life is treating you well. I knew you'd continue your drift over the dark side of OA. It's allure is like gravity.

Say hi to your funny partner for me!

Scott Williams

i am amazed that a person is getting ridiculed here for wanting to have some

privacy when using a public forum.

if you want to discount what "anonymous" says, fine, go ahead but to state that

"anonymous" posters are trolls or what not is just silly.

some people want their privacy, some people want to speak freely on what they

think without consequence, some people do not want their 100,000+ dollar collecting

habits attached to their name for security reasons, some people want to learn

without attaching their real name to the learning curve they are going through (me),

and, yes, some want to start .

so honestly... people putting their name next to what they say means very little

to me. i judge them by what they write and how valuable the information is to me.

in this case the poster tyler is the one i find interesting in this part of the thread

and the abuse heaped upon him due to this subject is humorous to me. The rest

just seem to want to swing a big in this case.

signed,

anonymous

By no means do i wish to get involved with the hobby politics of this board, but no one here is saying that some wishing to have a degree of anonymity automatically makes them a troll.

What they're saying is that "Tyler" IS a troll. While i haven't been here long, being an admin for 7 years on another large collecting board has given me a nose for people who are up to something and from the first posts "Tyler" made here, i knew something wasn't right. If you look through his posting record, you'll see he's definitely got an agenda he's likely pushed here before. I can see that and i haven't even been here a year nor do i know who the KrazyKat person is that he's been compared to.

Believe me FC, as an experienced forum admin, sometimes, as a new player on a board, it's best just to keep defenses and opinions about people to yourself unless you do some serious legwork on the person you're about to step up for. Not doing so could well get yourself lumped in with someone you might not want to be lumped in with and alienate yourself from the people who do a lot for a hobby.

By no means do i wish to get involved with the hobby politics of this board, but no one here is saying that some wishing to have a degree of anonymity automatically makes them a troll.

What they're saying is that "Tyler" IS a troll. While i haven't been here long, being an admin for 7 years on another large collecting board has given me a nose for people who are up to something and from the first posts "Tyler" made here, i knew something wasn't right. If you look through his posting record, you'll see he's definitely got an agenda he's likely pushed here before. I can see that and i haven't even been here a year nor do i know who the KrazyKat person is that he's been compared to.

Believe me FC, as an experienced forum admin, sometimes, as a new player on a board, it's best just to keep defenses and opinions about people to yourself unless you do some serious legwork on the person you're about to step up for. Not doing so could well get yourself lumped in with someone you might not want to be lumped in with and alienate yourself from the people who do a lot for a hobby.

yep.. it's all about Tyler

(thumbs u

i know you are right in many many ways... i should just agree with you and move on.

i just tend to read what someone has to say in the here and now and will judge

it without recalling who they are, what they have said in the past, or what others

think about them.

i am also a sucker for an underdog ;-) and have a desire to always play the devil's

advocate.

thanks for taking the time to type your message. you make a lot of sense.

some people want their privacy, some people want to speak freely on what they

think without consequence, some people do not want their 100,000+ dollar collecting

habits attached to their name for security reasons, some people want to learn

without attaching their real name to the learning curve they are going through (me),

and, yes, some want to start .

so honestly... people putting their name next to what they say means very little

to me. i judge them by what they write and how valuable the information is to me.

in this case the poster tyler is the one i find interesting in this part of the thread

and the abuse heaped upon him due to this subject is humorous to me. The rest

just seem to want to swing a big in this case.

signed,

anonymous

This particular anonymous poster is, more than likely, a past user come back to pick fights from the periphery.

That's the thing you might not be aware of, being so new to posting regularly, that when someone comes here and doesn't identify themselves there is a present and real likelihood that they could be a shill pushing their own agenda, or artwork, or market position. There are several "shills" that return over and over again to do just that.

This particular shill has chosen to pick fights with several board members who are established, respected, knowledgeable, and honest enough to show their real names.

He chose the name "Tyler Durden" for Christ's sake, a character in a film who was nothing more than an alternate personality inside a schizophrenic. It doesn't get laid out at your feet any more clearly that this is a shill, even before he opens his mouth the first time.

This isn't the first time Tyler has stirred the pot to start mess, you haven't seen the other obviously. Otherwise, you might not be defending him, whoever he is.

Someone whose opinion is worth listening to is also someone who doesn't hide themselves. If you can't stand behind your words, why say them at all? And if they can't stand behind them why should anyone else listen to them?

Best,

Chris

and why everytime he starts with spoon and we all get on him.. he disappears from the thread... it's alot like an echo in a tunnel.. it fades with every sound

Exactly,

You have people in this thread with over a combined century of experience in this field, Mitch, you Rich, Scott, and several others who I learn from every time they type a message. Their input is invaluable.

Contrast that with shills and anony-posters who come in here to pump their own wares, push their own agendas, and try to tear established posters down. There's a reason why we appreciate it when people sign their posts and identify themselves and a reason why we turn a skeptical eye towards shills.

Best,

Chris

I am a fan of the comic book genre and I really don't intend to stir the pot. I can contribute on this forum as I see fit. I happen to disagree with the way the "old timers" in this hobby feel they have some special rights to "police" these boards. Ruben in particular simply rubs me the wrong way.

As for being anonymous, look at Mitch's venom he shot over at Vincent earlier in this thread and u will see why I prefer to stay anyonymous. Anybody that knows Vinny, knows he is a stand up guy.

Anyways, lets go back to posting about comic books please

As for being anonymous, look at Mitch's venom he shot over at Vincent earlier in this thread and u will see why I prefer to stay anyonymous. Anybody that knows Vinny, knows he is a stand up guy.

Umm, Mitch didn't shoot any venom at Vince, he was talking to Steve.

You'll notice the pattern, Steve posted then signed his post.

Mitch posted a comment to Steve and then Mitch signed his post.

They were talking to each other, and have known each other for a really long time, a knowledge of each other that predates this online forum.

Vinny's stand-up-ed-ness was never in question, and it's because Vinny and Steven and Mitch all signed their posts that I know that.

Best,

Chris

i know you are right in many many ways... i should just agree with you and move on.

i just tend to read what someone has to say in the here and now and will judge

it without recalling who they are, what they have said in the past, or what others

think about them.

i am also a sucker for an underdog ;-) and have a desire to always play the devil's

advocate.

thanks for taking the time to type your message. you make a lot of sense.

If you are confusing "Tyler" for an "underdog", then you're just admitting you don't know what you're talking about here. If you are feeling some kinship with "Tyler" (aka "Krazy Kat" aka "Brad Savage" aka "Baby Gravy" aka Matthew Reischer) because you both share anonymity, then you should choose who you associate with more carefully.

"Tyler" is the type who will ask a long-time collector who has been battling a serious illness for years why he isn't dead yet. Not to his face, of course, but as an anonymous troll on the Comicart-L e-mail list. He doesn't identify himself not because he's worried about privacy, but so he can consistently post that sort of with impugnity. He's the guy who'd love to fart in a crowded room and then hide in the corner tee-heeing to himself. He'd never have the guts to actually do it, but on the internet, he can come close.

It's too bad, because if he wasn't such a chicken, he might actually contribute something to the conversation. But he prefers to preserve the silly raconteur persona and hide behind it. What's ironic is that he's actually revealing quite a bit about himself by doing so. I've never met the guy, but I can imagine what he's like in real life, and I'll bet I'm not that far off.

I generally don't take anonymous posters seriously, but especially not those who desire to play devil's advocate. Talk about a completely neutered viewpoint. Why bother.

Wow, I didn't even have to say a word! Once again I'll point out that the guy who's "worried about getting insulted by name" called me out by name again. I guess that's what I deserve for signing my posts? I'll gladly accept whatever insults are flung my way by someone afraid to sign their own posts because someone might be mean to them using their name.

I'll say one other thing... I find it really funny that I'd be called or considered an "old timer" when to me the old timers have been collecting or dealing in OA for 10 to 15 years longer than I have!

Tempus Fugit (no, that's not an alias)