• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IS THE ALLENTOWN TEC 27 A $1.5 million dollar book?

32 posts in this topic

given the 8.0 tec 27 in the heritage auction is likely going to break $600k, do you think the Allentown tec 27- the finest known tec 27 and likely to grade @ least a 9.0 or better if cgc'd would bring$1.5 milion?

i spoke to steve borock who has seen both the the Mile high TEc 27 and allentown.

steve said the mile copy which he had a shot @ but missed out on in the 90's was around a 7.5 to 8.0 but the allentown was a killer and far far superior.

thoughts?

Personally I think it has been a million dollar + book for a long time.

Bruce

Exactly my tought. It's even more valuable IMO. It's well known the Dentist collection is kind of permanent. If it ever happens he decide to sell it, I am sure a bunch of high profile collectors would jump on it. Let's bidding/offering war start...

Also, I think the Church Action 1 is a $5millions book right now.

Bruce

Exactly my tought. It's even more valuable IMO. It's well known the Dentist collection is kind of permanent. If it ever happens he decide to sell it, I am sure a bunch of high profile collectors would jump on it. Let's bidding/offering war start...

I think there is a big difference between what these books "should" be worth and what they'd actually sell for at auction. I could see the Allentown Detective Comics #27 breaking a million bucks, but I don't know who would pay $5 million for the Church Action Comics #1.

On the other hand, if I owned it, that's probably the insurance value I'd claim. lol

Bruce

I think there is a big difference between what these books "should" be worth and what they'd actually sell for at auction. I could see the Allentown Detective Comics #27 breaking a million bucks, but I don't know who would pay $5 million for the Church Action Comics #1.

On the other hand, if I owned it, that's probably the insurance value I'd claim. lol

There would be a huge bidding war between Shaq and Seinfeld for it... hm

the beautiful thing about hypotheticals like this is that everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if it is wrong lol

Rick, I completely agree with your view of the ultra high end side of the market....but if ever there was a book that would garner some legitimately nutty bids, wouldn't it be the MH Action # 1?

the beautiful thing about hypotheticals like this is that everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if it is wrong lol

Rick, I completely agree with your view of the ultra high end side of the market....but if ever there was a book that would garner some legitimately nutty bids, wouldn't it be the MH Action # 1?

without a doubt...hell, I would pay 1 million for it in a hearbeat and maybe double that if I was in a financial position too... I was just generalizing with my statement, it wasn't directed at any particular book etc (thumbs u

Thats some big cash either way. But it doesn't seem to me as though people are pulling back the reins on their comic bidding.....at least not by the look of the Feb. CLINK auctions. I'm having trouble landing some books for DOUBLE PLUS GUIDE !! :o