• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

America's Best Sitcom - Seinfeld vs Mash Runoff

59 posts in this topic

This is the part of the thread I call The Airing of Grievances. I've got alot to say to you M.A.S.H., and now you're gonna listen!

Alan Alda, you couldn't win a Peoples Choice Award if you had a hot date...with a babe...

OK, now i've lost my train of thought....

Now it's time for the Feats of Strength

Frank C.

They're both great show, but I think it's apples and oranges.

M*A*S*H is a dramedy, full of dark humour. It changed directions early on in the episode "Sometimes You Hear the Bullet" wherein Hawkeye's childhood friend dies on the operating table.

The M*A*S*H DVD's give you the option of watching the show without the laugh track. That, along with the added five plus minutes that are always cut out in syndication, makes for a totally different viewing experience.

I collect tv and movie props as well as original art, and actually bid on both the puffy shirt and Radar's teddy bear. Both iconic pieces, but I have more regrets over not having bid more on the bear than the shirt.

ETA: I saw an episode a few nights ago that had a couple of silver age Avengers and Spiderman comics in it.

M*A*S*H is a dramedy, full of dark humour. It changed directions early on in the episode "Sometimes You Hear the Bullet" wherein Hawkeye's childhood friend dies on the operating table.

The M*A*S*H DVD's give you the option of watching the show without the laugh track. That, along with the added five plus minutes that are always cut out in syndication, makes for a totally different viewing experience.

I collect tv and movie props as well as original art, and actually bid on both the puffy shirt and Radar's teddy bear. Both iconic pieces, but I have more regrets over not having bid more on the bear than the shirt.

ETA: I saw an episode a few nights ago that had a couple of silver age Avengers and Spiderman comics in it.

This thread has gotten me interested in pulling out those MASH DVDs that haven't been watched yet.

Those comics should not have been in Korea, they wouldn't exist for nearly a decade. How were they used in the show?

This thread has gotten me interested in pulling out those MASH DVDs that haven't been watched yet.

Those comics should not have been in Korea, they wouldn't exist for nearly a decade. How were they used in the show?

The episode title was "Der Tag" if I'm not mistaken. Major Burns was searching Radar's work area and found a couple in a desk. There were also a few on the sleeping corporals chest. And yes, they shouldn't have been there. There's also an episode where it's mentioned that they'll be showing a Godzilla movie and 'The Blob' on movie night... quite the trick.

You'd have to be an anti-dentite low-talker in a puffy shirt to vote against Seinfeld. :preach:

No show has more memorable and quotable lines. That alone makes it the best sitcom ever in my book. I can rattle off a hundred from Seinfeld, but I'll be darned if I can remember more than just the basic plot lines of MASH.

It's a junior mint. It's very refreshing.

There was shrinkage!

No soup for you!

My boys can swim!

Hello, Newman.

Now it's time for the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people.

How could they not like you?

That's my nipple!

But I've got hand!

..and you're gonna need it.

Helloooo!

You are sooooo good lookin',

..and there's all those awesome characters!

Mr Pitt

Mr Peterman

Babu

Soup Nazi

The Drake

Bania

Morty and Helen

Frank and Estelle

UNCLE LEO!

Best TV comedy EVAR. :)

You forgot:

"They're real and they're spectacular"

" I don't wanna be a pirate"

and

"Her name rhymes with a female body part"

"Is it Mulva?"

"Ohhhhhh, Delores"

and character flaws

Man Hands.

Low Talker

Close Talker

Yes, but....I've always found pastrami to be the most sensual of the cured meats.