• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

In the August Heritage auction the 9.0 Bethlehem copy of Showcase 4 is going to be up... Structurally it's a bit soft but the book looks to make up for it with nice eye appeal. Probably gonna go pretty high.

Has this been graded for long? It had been my recollection that there was no CGC 9.0 copy. (shrug)

you might be getting old..the mind is the "second" thing to go :baiting:

I think it is new to the CGC world and, as noted before, maybe part of the collection of other DC keys in this auction (also noticed the first Lois Lane #1 to reach the 8.0 tier is also new to CGC census and is in this auction)

The Beth. Showcase #4 passed through a couple of West Coast collectors after Joe Rainone decided to sell his piece of the Bethlehems in the early 90s. Perhaps one of those is the source of these in this auction.

On a side note, interesting to note that the date stamp on the back cover of the Beth. Showcase 4 says "JULY 12, 1955" (instead of '56)

Maybe the Silver Age started a year earlier!!

In the August Heritage auction the 9.0 Bethlehem copy of Showcase 4 is going to be up... Structurally it's a bit soft but the book looks to make up for it with nice eye appeal. Probably gonna go pretty high.

Has this been graded for long? It had been my recollection that there was no CGC 9.0 copy. (shrug)

I believe if you go to Valiantman`s website, you can find when the 9.0 copy first appeared.

"I believe if you go to Valiantman`s website, you can find when the 9.0 copy first appeared."

NICE CALL!!

It looks like it hit the CGC census sometime between January and July 2004

"I believe if you go to Valiantman`s website, you can find when the 9.0 copy first appeared."

NICE CALL!!

Wow.

Ok, I guess Rick is right. The mind is going with old age!!! doh!

NICE CALL!!

Wow.

Ok, I guess Rick is right. The mind is going with old age!!! doh!

so think how I feel :cry:

So game on. Will this book beat the price the SC 22 9.0 pulled down?

I would think so for now. SC4 9.0 should eke out ahead. How you are doing Jack? :hi:

Richard, I'm doing really good. I've been on the ballfield almost every night with the boy and I have been away from the boards almost a month. It is all-stars and tournaments start next weekend.

Has anything happened on the boards other than Mark selling that bad SC 4 and an Action 10 selling for a huge number. I wonder what I should do with my 13?

So game on. Will this book beat the price the SC 22 9.0 pulled down?

I would think so for now. SC4 9.0 should eke out ahead. How you are doing Jack? :hi:

Richard, I'm doing really good. I've been on the ballfield almost every night with the boy and I have been away from the boards almost a month. It is all-stars and tournaments start next weekend.

Has anything happened on the boards other than Mark selling that bad SC 4 and an Action 10 selling for a huge number. I wonder what I should do with my 13?

Nice to hear from you. Thought you went for a trip around the world. ;) It's great you are engaging quality time with your boy. The same ole heavy weight books taking the spotlight.

Dialing this down a bit, here with a Showcase #8 CGC 5.0 CR/OW, the sister book to Showcase #4 snagged off ebay the other day. I've been looking for a nice mid-grade copy that didn't break the bank, and I managed to win this one. The case is a little scratched up, so I will eventually get it reslabbed when I have a few books to submit. Anyway, here she is . . .

SHOWCASE8C.jpg

Dialing this down a bit, here with a Showcase #8 CGC 5.0 CR/OW, the sister book to Showcase #4 snagged off ebay the other day. I've been looking for a nice mid-grade copy that didn't break the bank, and I managed to win this one. The case is a little scratched up, so I will eventually get it reslabbed when I have a few books to submit. Anyway, here she is . . .

SHOWCASE8C.jpg

Kudos to you. :applause: I never owned a SC8 before. I believe your SC Flash set is complete.

The 5.5 OW Showcase, formerly owned by Linwood Kemp has sold.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fitems.asp%3Fid%3D3863&id=889541

it was sold in the last Clink auction that ended last week...my understanding is that the new owner already has it in hand (thumbs u