• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

DC books rock and are so much harder to find!

:headbang:

'course I like Marvel too!

I agree. I recently started collecting ASMs, and it's not nearly as much fun as looking for DCs. They're everywhere, in any grade you want. If you feel like just spending a bunch of money, you can get a full run in an hour.

and if you are a billionaire, you can have a spidey run like Ghost Town! ;)

I agree. I recently started collecting ASMs, and it's not nearly as much fun as looking for DCs. They're everywhere, in any grade you want. If you feel like just spending a bunch of money, you can get a full run in an hour.

True dat! Maybe a 9.6 run ain't so easy to come by...

True dat! Maybe a 9.6 run ain't so easy to come by...

Easy, maybe. Cheap, never :eek:

Seems like a very nice copy for sale by Dale Roberts on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHOWCASE-4-CGC-4-0-1ST-APPEARANCE-OF-THE-FLASH?item=350574285771&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D9223218160224019797#ht_2512wt_936

If I didn't have a 4.0 already (albeit with lesser PQ) I would definitely go for this one.

Odd how comics offered for a BIN on ebay often sit untouched,

while the same comic on Heritage would probably already be bid up higher hm

Yea I've talked to Dale on that copy, I look forward to seeing it at Heroes this weekend if he still has it. Ill need to decide between this book and a Hulk1. Not really a huge DC guy but SC 4/22 are books I'd like to have.

You guys seem like the best guys to ask this question. I have all the 1st appearance Marvel Silver Keys in low grade, and have SC 22 low grade on the DC side. I need the Showcase 4 to make my Silver Keys complete in my mind. I don't want to break the bank...what do you guys think the lowest price (ballpark( I would find for a complete low grade SC 4?

I would guess you could find a low grade one for under a grand. A few years back I found a nice Vg copy at the NYCC (convention) for under $2k. I walked it over to Matt Nelson's table and he checked it over for resto right there on the spot. My suggestion would be to go to a con and try to find a copy fron one of the better-known reputable dealers. This way you can hold and look at the book before you buy it. If that's not possible there's quite a few reputable comic sellers right here on the board who may have what you're looking for. Although SC #4's seem to be in short supply lately in these parts. Good luck with the hunt!

It's truly a worthy endeavor (thumbs u

Good info...under $2k would be my price point. My only sticking point is the book has to be complete, aside from that, I'm just happy to be an owner. Thanks for replying guys...I'm wondering was the .5 complete?

it was missing 1/4 of the BC

This book is one of the big gaps in my collection, I should have bought it a few times over the years. I had a chance at a raw VFN about 10 years ago but couldnt raise the £1000 he wanted at the time. :tonofbricks: