• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #4 Club
12 12

3,405 posts in this topic

Don't remember if this was posted before, but really what's the dif.

Courtesy of HA.com, the highest graded copy.

(worship)

SC496W.jpg

sweet, sweet dreams zzz

One helluva copy in top grade. (worship)

perfect centering with white pages :cloud9:

Don't remember if this was posted before, but really what's the dif.

Courtesy of HA.com, the highest graded copy.

(worship)

SC496W.jpg

sweet, sweet dreams zzz

Fantastic!!

And it really shows how scarce Showcase 22 is (not to derail Showcase 4 as it is THE book). :applause:

In hindsight...that 7.5 ow which sold last year was a real bargain. :tonofbricks:

In hindsight, the 9.6 copy was the bargain of the decade when it sold on Heritage.

Goldman must`ve been bummed, and Wilson`s client must`ve been ecstatic.

In hindsight...that 7.5 ow which sold last year was a real bargain. :tonofbricks:

In hindsight, the 9.6 copy was the bargain of the decade when it sold on Heritage.

With SC4 9.2 selling, it was the confirmation for the upper DC SA market. I bet your client was ecstatic of the BB28 purchase.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

With SC4 9.2 selling, it was the confirmation for the upper DC SA market. I bet your client was ecstatic of the BB28 purchase.

I don`t know if he was ecstatic, as negotiations were protracted and he definitely felt like he was paying full freight!

In contrast, the 9.6 SC 4 was barely more than the 9.4 copy that had sold just a short while before. It was a clear bargain from the minute the auction closed, and I`m sure the winner`s ceiling was much much higher.

I don`t know if he was ecstatic, as negotiations were protracted and he definitely felt like he was paying full freight!

In contrast, the 9.6 SC 4 was barely more than the 9.4 copy that had sold just a short while before. It was a clear bargain from the minute the auction closed, and I`m sure the winner`s ceiling was much much higher.

Dont' get me wrong, you did quite well Tim. Books with that magnitude tends to stay embedded to collections or a profit seeker. Regarding the SC4, it will be hard to top that copy.

It's not greed that drives the gator - he's a comic book hunter-gatherer for those who don't have the connections or time to hunt down themselves.

aka THE PROVIDER :grin:

Well said (thumbs u

:applause: Still have my Showcase 22 waiting Rick. :wishluck:

Yep

It's not greed that drives the gator - he's a comic book hunter-gatherer for those who don't have the connections or time to hunt down themselves.

aka THE PROVIDER :grin:

Well said (thumbs u

:applause: Still have my Showcase 22 waiting Rick. :wishluck:

Yep

:whee:

I believe Wilson said at the time he was buying the Showcases for himself -- don't if that's what happened or if he has sold them since then. He had offered Goldman more than he paid for the books at the auction. Goldman was very displeased with how the auction played out.