• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action comics 1 cgc 3.0 in next Comic Connect auction

132 posts in this topic

It's very nice, if you don't mind the rusty staples.

If I was a buyer I'd be worried about the extent of the rust migration around the staple and how it effects the paper, if at all? Sitting in the slabb might really hurt the final price in this case, would be nice if the had pictures of the interior handy.

that is one nice looking 3.0 (thumbs u

Really? I was thinking the book might be a tad overgraded when you take the back cover into account.

I think I'd not grade that over a 2.5 if it were in my hands and raw.

In the eternal race to impress everyone on these boards as to how strictly I can grade, I am going to say this book is no better than a Poor.

I win.

I wasn't trying to impress anyone. I don't really need to.

I saw Ryan's Detective #28 when he had it on the boards a few years ago and I figured it for a 2.5. It came back as a 2.5. The reason I graded it as such was because of the amount of material missing from the back cover. Similar to this book.

This is your book I presume?

Really? I was thinking the book might be a tad overgraded when you take the back cover into account.

it is the bc that the book is a 3.0 and not a 4.0 or better

solid 3.0 IMO, and much better looking than the #, just the way I like them

In the eternal race to impress everyone on these boards as to how strictly I can grade, I am going to say this book is no better than a Poor.

I win.

^^

So this makes how many #1 in the past few years?

Guess is not as rare as Gator thinks it is, hmmmmm?

B

Action #1 was never a rare book.

(shrug)

No one said it was....It is in high grade though? lol

I am quite surprised how many Action 1's have been for sale recently. But still there crazy expensive amazing books!

The longer the economic woes continue, the more copies we will likely see on the market. It will be interesting to see what happens to the prices - will we eventually see a lull or pullback?

hm

Marvel #1 haters have always complianed about MC#1 "fatigue". Not to take away anything away from this auction but I think I'm coming down with Action #1 fatigue.

Marvel #1 haters - or people who have pointed out actual sales results for Marvel #1?

I think it would take many, many more auctions of Action #1 before it starts regularly bringing 70-80% of guide.

...or maybe Bob could double the price in the new guide and kill some of the demand?

(side rant: I feel bad for Gator knowing he spent hours and hours marking up the guide every which way in an attempt to help make it more accurate, knowing that in all likelihood Bob will barely give it even a cursory glance before ignoring it and putting in his usual formula for price increases).

Marvel #1 haters have always complianed about MC#1 "fatigue". Not to take away anything away from this auction but I think I'm coming down with Action #1 fatigue.

Marvel #1 haters - or people who have pointed out actual sales results for Marvel #1?

I think it would take many, many more auctions of Action #1 before it starts regularly bringing 70-80% of guide.

...or maybe Bob could double the price in the new guide and kill some of the demand?

(side rant: I feel bad for Gator knowing he spent hours and hours marking up the guide every which way in an attempt to help make it more accurate, knowing that in all likelihood Bob will barely give it even a cursory glance before ignoring it and putting in his usual formula for price increases).

I think he's correct there are "Marvel 1 haters." For whatever reason, it sometimes goes beyond the price quotes and we have people saying it's not important, not desirable, should be even lower, etc.

I don't have "Action 1" fatigue but I think I get his point. It's not how many there are for sale (it's still quite a few compared to other golden age -- let alone silver age). It's how each one is still being presented as if it's a trumpet-worthy event. Truth is the sellers need to do that because if they don't, buyers will look at the book and then look at the guide and be fearful of spending more than the guide. Everybody in the hobby knows the guide prices are dead wrong but people outside the hobby don't. And even if they learn about the inaccurate they still worry that if they have go resell it they will have to deal with an "authoritative source" that claims the book is actually worth a fraction of what they paid. Heritage even puts the fantasy guide prices in their listings! Maybe if the guide corrects a bit so the price is just a little low instead of ridiculously low we'll see copies offered more often with less obligatory fanfare.

No just the haters but its interesting how you reference guide in the first sentence then point out how inaccurate it is in the next. Just an observation, nothing more. hm Hater. :baiting::grin::kidaround: