• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #35 on eBay - Is the price Fair or To High?

48 posts in this topic

I think the price is actually around market.

A 3.5 market value is around $13k currently and current guide for a 4.0 is $3,066 (4.25x 4.0 guide).

You also need to take into account that there is always a floor price for a comic due to the numbers of sellers able to purchase at a given level. In the case of a low grade #35 the price looks fine to me.

and the 35 is under valued in the guide compared to the 29, 31, and 33...but we all know the guide is always behind market values and has to "catch" up so to speak. Auction, private sales, and GPA are better market pulses on big GA books like this IMO.

George, I think you sold a CGC 2.5 copy of #35 for about $10k last year right?

Must've been my old 2.5 i used to own with the tape down the entire spine

did I buy that one from you , I can't even remember (shrug)

wash, spin, rinse :insane:
get it right point guard... it is wash, rinse, repeat :baiting:

A 3.5 market value is around $13k currently and current guide for a 4.0 is $3,066 (4.25x 4.0 guide).

You also need to take into account that there is always a floor price for a comic due to the numbers of sellers able to purchase at a given level. In the case of a low grade #35 the price looks fine to me.

and the 35 is under valued in the guide compared to the 29, 31, and 33...but we all know the guide is always behind market values and has to "catch" up so to speak. Auction, private sales, and GPA are better market pulses on big GA books like this IMO.

doh! and I'm a 2 guard :makepoint: Another league starting up this Thursday :headbang: Are you running still?

doh! and I'm a 2 guard :makepoint: Another league starting up this Thursday :headbang: Are you running still?
shooting guard hm that is what I play

we just ended our church league...won the last 6 games of the season to make it to tourney,... won the play in tourney game (went for 16, 4 of 6 from 3, 2 shorter shots), won the game against #4 team (7 of 11 from 3 and 2 free throws... 23 points), lost to the #1 team in semis (after 3 games, I was tired and shot horribly, 2 for 7 from 3, just couldn't get off the ground...6 measley points ) :cry:

Yes you did because I upgraded my copy to a 4.0