• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The most overpriced Timely?

81 posts in this topic

The detached covers to classic Marvel Mystery # 9 eBayed for over $2,600. :o Guess it will be married to coverless parts asap.
that is the only reason I can see paying that kind of coin...even a married cover restored copy is $6-8K...so if they have a nice interior, 2600 is "cheap"

The detached covers to classic Marvel Mystery # 9 eBayed for over $2,600. :o Guess it will be married to coverless parts asap.
that is the only reason I can see paying that kind of coin...even a married cover restored copy is $6-8K...so if they have a nice interior, 2600 is "cheap"

Any idea what Bob sold his interior for?

Any idea what Bob sold his interior for?

a good price I suspsect..

i agree. The buyer must have the interior to pay that much.

Or a pro resto guy wanted this in his inventory. Defintely a lot easier and cheaper to track down an interior.

Not really. As Gator said, if you have a nice interior this could be a $6+K book. If you have an interior for $2500 and you pick the cover up for $2500 you are still ahead of the game.

That's why I asked what Bob sold the interior for.

If it was $2K or less (as I'm suspecting) then this cover was a bargain, hence my $4K-5K top estimate.

Not really. As Gator said, if you have a nice interior this could be a $6+K book. If you have an interior for $2500 and you pick the cover up for $2500 you are still ahead of the game.

If it was $2K or less (as I'm suspecting) then this cover was a bargain, hence my $4K-5K top estimate.

yes, but I was simply agreeing that "if" the buyer had the interior in hand, then $2600 is a good price for the cover alone :)

yes, but I was simply agreeing that "if" the buyer had the interior in hand, then $2600 is a good price for the cover alone :)

(thumbs u

Here's another thought to ponder, if Veryzl slabbed his Timley run and put a bunch of them for sale would the high census copies that we have been looking at for years [but now are second fiddle copies in most cases] still increase significantly in value as a result?
I would say yes...

What category does the Red Raven fall into, over or under? Its one of those books you almost never see listed for sale on Metro, C-Link, etc.
It is Kirby's 1st signed work, but I've never had a desire to own a copy at it's prices...

I wish the 1st page splash was the cover.

good point there Peter...anyone have the splash handy to post here? :)

What category does the Red Raven fall into, over or under? Its one of those books you almost never see listed for sale on Metro, C-Link, etc.
It is Kirby's 1st signed work, but I've never had a desire to own a copy at it's prices...

I owned on once. Was glad to see it go. Took a while to sell too.

I wouldnt say it's a super high demand book--maybe for the Kirby enthusiast :)

Without a doubt or any hesitation, my personal opinion is that the most overpriced so-called Timelys by far are the annuals - b&w Canadian reprints potentially going for tens of thousands of dollars?

Frankly, I just don't get it... (shrug)

I held a Mystic 4 over the weekend and was awed - now there's an underpriced book! :cloud9:

I wouldnt say it's a super high demand book--maybe for the Kirby enthusiast :)

(thumbs u

It's a key for Kirby people. That may be what's keeping All-Winners #1 ahead of All-Select #1, too. There are only 12 GA comics with S&K Captain America stories, so they're all in demand. Also FWIW, I think All-Winners 1&2 are the only comics with Timely's Big Three drawn by their creators; Burgos Torch, Everett Subby and S&K Cap. But, as the CGC era transitions the market from interior-based value to cover-based value, I imagine we'll see All-Select push past All-Winners, if we're not already there.