• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The most overpriced Timely?

81 posts in this topic

I have most own suggestions. Would love to get others feedback.

And while we are at it, what is the most underpriced Timely?

i assume we mean by guide.

overpriced: tough sell squad 1.

underpriced: mm 9/usa 11.

This is an interesting discussion that opens up a topic that I've been thinking about for quite some time.

Almost every run has that book that is broken out of the guide and is the second most valuable book (by far) in the run. You have your Action #7, Tec #31, MMC #9, Daredevil #7 (SA), etc, etc, At what point does the ration become too close between the #1 book in a run and the #2 book in a run?

This is an interesting discussion that opens up a topic that I've been thinking about for quite some time.

Almost every run has that book that is broken out of the guide and is the second most valuable book (by far) in the run. You have your Action #7, Tec #31, MMC #9, Daredevil #7 (SA), etc, etc, At what point does the ration become too close between the #1 book in a run and the #2 book in a run?

I guess that's where popularity (movies) and demand comes into play to drive prices up/down...it's kinda like (if i can digress to SA for a moment here) FF 1 and FF 5 Roy..the 5 has now passed #2 as the most valuable in the FF run behind #1...

by guide prices:

Overpriced: Torch #1 and Subby #1

Underpriced: Marvel Mystery 9

Marvel 9 is a ground breaking, tougher book (and better cover) compared to Subby 1 or Torch 1..

I do not believe Sub-Mariner Comics #1 is overpriced, certainly not in high grade. If you look at the census, it appears Sub-Mariner Comics #1 is one of the rarest Timely Key in 8.0+, with 4 copies 8.0+ & the highest graded copy only 9.0! hm

West

by guide prices:

Marvel 9 is a ground breaking, tougher book (and better cover) compared to Subby 1 or Torch 1..

I do not believe Sub-Mariner Comics #1 is overpriced, certainlnot in high grade. If you look at the census, it appears Sub-Mariner Comics #1 is one of the rarest Timely Key in 8.0+, with 4 copies 8.0+ & the highest graded copy only 9.0! hm

West

and i LOVE torch 1; i can't get on board it being overpriced at all.

everything is relative...

for the biggest $ spread, Marvel 1 takes the cake, but it is overvalued significantly in the guide...

subby 1 , from sales I have seen, sells for under guide across all grades (maybe not high grade, as no real sales)

human torch 1 in lower grades sells under guide, but in higher grades can sell at or above guide..

all winners 1, even in ultra high grade sells "low"

everything is relative...

for the biggest $ spread, Marvel 1 takes the cake, but it is overvalued significantly in the guide...

subby 1 , from sales I have seen, sells for under guide across all grades (maybe not high grade, as no real sales)

human torch 1 in lower grades sells under guide, but in higher grades can sell at or above guide..

all winners 1, even in ultra high grade sells "low"

yah, I forgot about AW 1. Throw that in with the Torch 1 and Subby 1...I'd buy 100 All Select 1s before one copy of AW 1.

Roy slow down your heads gonna pop :ohnoez::baiting:

My head popped when I bought my #9.

:cloud9:

by guide prices:

I do not believe Sub-Mariner Comics #1 is overpriced, certainly not in high grade. If you look at the census, it appears Sub-Mariner Comics #1 is one of the rarest Timely Key in 8.0+, with 4 copies 8.0+ & the highest graded copy only 9.0! hm

West

Good point West. It is tougher in higher grade. Just my preference, but I'd keep buying Marvel 9's over a Subby 1 or Torch 1...the interior Everett art on the Subby 1 is cool though.

by guide prices:

I do not believe Sub-Mariner Comics #1 is overpriced, certainlnot in high grade. If you look at the census, it appears Sub-Mariner Comics #1 is one of the rarest Timely Key in 8.0+, with 4 copies 8.0+ & the highest graded copy only 9.0! hm

West

and i LOVE torch 1; i can't get on board it being overpriced at all.

(thumbs u

There is something very cool about Human Torch #1. Would not put that into the overpriced category.

(thumbs u

Not True with Mystic #1, Daring Mystery #1, Marvel #2, USA #1, Tough Kid Squad #1...etc

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u