• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

it's that time of the month- post your CLINK wins/heartbreaks

620 posts in this topic

March's focused Auction has what a shock two (2) Amazing Spider-man #129 CGC 9.6's up.

Smart business model. :applause:

and another 9.8. those'll be going for $4k before long.

It's saturation at it's best. doh!

March's focused Auction has what a shock two (2) Amazing Spider-man #129 CGC 9.6's up.

Smart business model. :applause:

Smart post, too. (:

Edit: I'd leave it there if I were you, SOT.

hm

nah.

Good to have you back anyway, CC. :headbang:

:acclaim:

I won this in the last CLINK auction. :cloud9:

HumanTorch3.jpg

Don't remind me...I was considering that one. Great book for the grade (and price).

Yea, the price was very attractive. I always liked those old books that say Spring Issue, or Summer Issue on em.

I won this and it's paid for but it's MIA right now :insane:

ComicLink doesn't actually ship comic books after you've paid for them :insane: you have to wait a month and whine before they find your Invoice :news:

I mean they make Heritage look like the Road Runner and that's saying something. 'Beep "Beep !!! (Insert Strawberry)

Just a follow up to earlier conversations, I talked to Josh on the phone today about his policy about listing more than 1 book of the same grade at the same time. He assured me that if I gave them a book and requested for them not to list another in the same grade in the auction, that they would not list another.

He said that he recently had a consignnor that submitted 4 copies of Hulk #181 (I think he said 2 in 1 grade, 2 in another) and wanted them sold as quickly as possible. He said he is getting multiple submissions for several books each time in the same grades.

As far as their shipping goes, I have generally received items in a very timely manner.

As far as their shipping goes, I have generally received items in a very timely manner.

Unfortunately, my experience is the exact opposite. I buy from nearly all the larger sites and Comic Link's shipping time is more than twice as long as their nearest competitor. I've waited up to six weeks recently and twice had them have a book 'fall between the cracks' and not be shipped until I complained.

Let's see, I sent a check on 2/19, right after the auction ended...didn't hear (and I live maybe 40 miles from the address they gave me), so I called them today and they just found it, I was told it might have gotten a little lost in the mail?...they are holding the books a few weeks (it's a bank check :shrug:) unless someone OKs them sending my books out :shrug: I've made at least 3 prior purchases...going back 3 years.

The guy was nice on the phone, but I'm not exactly sure why they couldn't call the bank...

and here I was afraid the books would arrive while I was away this weekend (:hm

:taptaptap:

Let's see, I sent a check on 2/19, right after the auction ended...didn't hear (and I live maybe 40 miles from the address they gave me), so I called them today and they just found it, I was told it might have gotten a little lost in the mail?...they are holding the books a few weeks (it's a bank check :shrug:) unless someone OKs them sending my books out :shrug: I've made at least 3 prior purchases...going back 3 years.

The guy was nice on the phone, but I'm not exactly sure why they couldn't call the bank...

While on topic

Can you use paypal or credit card on comiclink? I haven`t tried them out yet and don`t like using money orders. thanks for any info.

While on topic

Can you use paypal or credit card on comiclink? I haven`t tried them out yet and don`t like using money orders. thanks for any info.

Yes, but they charge you a 3% buyer's fee if you use Paypal or a credit card. Since I get 1% back from Amex, that might be my next way of paying, IF I bid again, lol.

While on topic

Yes, but they charge you a 3% buyer's fee if you use Paypal or a credit card. Since I get 1% back from Amex, that might be my next way of paying, IF I bid again, lol.

Thanks for the heads up about them charging 3% buyer's fee! :)

Unfortunately, my experience is the exact opposite. I buy from nearly all the larger sites and Comic Link's shipping time is more than twice as long as their nearest competitor. I've waited up to six weeks recently and twice had them have a book 'fall between the cracks' and not be shipped until I complained.

My problem from the auction before last was they actually shipped my books too quickly! I had done the check-out and then contacted them immediately afterwards asking them to hold the books and combine with any books that I won in the upcoming Featured Auction, to save on total shipping. They replied the next day agreeing to do that, but then it turned out the books had already shipped! They made it up to me by discounting the shipping fees for the books that I subsequently won in the Featured Auction.

I called Clink today about the status of my February Focused Auction winnings

and they were very accomodating. I spoke to Jason and though it was late in the afternoon(about 4:30 their time), he got my books shipped out today.

I also found out today that the Brooklyn Operations Manager, Thomas, has left the company. Thomas was a stand up guy and he will be missed. Thomas, if you are reading this, thanks for all the excellent service over the years !