• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

it's that time of the month- post your CLINK wins/heartbreaks

620 posts in this topic

Hey Guys. Yes, overall I was very pleased with the auction results. I was a little disappointed when they listed the 9.4 #1 and that softened my 9.2 a little. I thought it would sell somewhere around $50-55k. But $47k is about twice what I paid for it, so I can't complain. I was more disappointed with my #2 9.4 selling for $7.2k which was about $3k less than what I paid for it and $10k less than the same issue just sold for on Pedigree. That being said, I was happily shocked at the prices realized by many of the other lower number issues. So, all in all, I am ahead of the game and happy.

#3 $8.6k

#4 $7k

#5 $8.6k

#6 $8.8k

Not too shabby :)

Wow! Congrats, how long did you have the Xmen 1?

I bought it back in june 2007. so about 3 years.

I'm sorry if this was discussed or if this is a private matter but why did you sell off your Registry run? (shrug)

Thx.

Long story short. Wife lost her job, baby on the way, wanted to shore up the finances and decided to sell. I didn't want to sell them, at least not until I was ready to retire, but circumstances changed and, as a father-to-be, I couldn't justify the risk of having that much money tied up in comics with the economy the way it is.

Well then congrats are in order for the successful sale and more importantly the upcoming baby! Boy or girl? My 5 year old daughter is getting into comics (give her beaters to look at and read some to her) and my 2 year old twin boys just run around pretending to be Spiderman or Batman or Superman.... favourite shows... Spectacular Spiderman and Justice League on Friday nights.

Boy. (thumbs u

Hey Guys. Yes, overall I was very pleased with the auction results. I was a little disappointed when they listed the 9.4 #1 and that softened my 9.2 a little. I thought it would sell somewhere around $50-55k. But $47k is about twice what I paid for it, so I can't complain. I was more disappointed with my #2 9.4 selling for $7.2k which was about $3k less than what I paid for it and $10k less than the same issue just sold for on Pedigree. That being said, I was happily shocked at the prices realized by many of the other lower number issues. So, all in all, I am ahead of the game and happy.

#3 $8.6k

#4 $7k

#5 $8.6k

#6 $8.8k

I'm sorry if this was discussed or if this is a private matter but why did you sell off your Registry run? (shrug)

Thx.

Long story short. Wife lost her job, baby on the way, wanted to shore up the finances and decided to sell. I didn't want to sell them, at least not until I was ready to retire, but circumstances changed and, as a father-to-be, I couldn't justify the risk of having that much money tied up in comics with the economy the way it is.

Well then congrats are in order for the successful sale and more importantly the upcoming baby! Boy or girl? My 5 year old daughter is getting into comics (give her beaters to look at and read some to her) and my 2 year old twin boys just run around pretending to be Spiderman or Batman or Superman.... favourite shows... Spectacular Spiderman and Justice League on Friday nights.

Boy. (thumbs u

:banana:

pajamas.jpg

pajamas.jpg

I'm wearing a set right now.

lol

I always figured you would like these Roy.... :whee:

funnypajamas.jpg

I've always wanted a Pumpkin Puke shag rug.

:sick:

#3 $8.6k

#4 $7k

#5 $8.6k

#6 $8.8k

Thx.

Boy. (thumbs u

:banana:

pajamas.jpg

(worship)

Also, I didn't seem to notice as I was bidding the buyer's premium in my bid costs, it was kind of surprising to have it added in the end. I like how Heritage displays this. Or, did I just not see it?

What buyer's premium?

"Buyers Fee" was what it was labeled as when I checked out. I guess this is the fee for paying with a credit card, I just didn't expect it as this was my first time bidding on CL.

Ah, yeah, they tag you for using a credit card. The fee is waived if you pay by check. I thought they had added something new. I haven't bought from them in a coon's age.

:o I did'nt know people still used that expression...

I actually take offense at it myself, but I guess you see all kinds on this message board.

Also, I didn't seem to notice as I was bidding the buyer's premium in my bid costs, it was kind of surprising to have it added in the end. I like how Heritage displays this. Or, did I just not see it?

What buyer's premium?

"Buyers Fee" was what it was labeled as when I checked out. I guess this is the fee for paying with a credit card, I just didn't expect it as this was my first time bidding on CL.

Ah, yeah, they tag you for using a credit card. The fee is waived if you pay by check. I thought they had added something new. I haven't bought from them in a coon's age.

I actually take offense at it myself, but I guess you see all kinds on this message board.

I hate when people talk about raccoons that way.

What buyer's premium?

I hate when people talk about raccoons that way.

Davey agrees :)

davy_crockett_image.gif

The so-called soft market doesn't seem to be affecting high grade Adams books. The Avengers #94 CGC 9.4 I bid on and lost went for a GPA record, and the Batman #200 CGC 9.4 Diamond Run I did win went for well over recent GPA as well. Hope I have better luck tonight.

Unless there is more than one Diamond Run Batman 200, that book used to be a 9.0.

At my local store I'm always checking the 'new arrivals' and anything BA truly 9.6 9.8 only comes in once a year. Lots of 8.0 to 9.2 BA trash, but not true 9.6 and 9.8's. Its way cheaper to get these books on CL with low bids than try to find them yourself. What you need is a time machine and buy them in 1979 in perfect condition!

Sellers should not consign in this market, they would be giving it away.

For 12cent books, its impossible to find more than a 9.2 coming in. These books are really hard to find. Its not that easy to find 9.8's and 9.6's to sell in bronze age unless you find an old collection put together in the 70's!

BA 9.6's and 9.8s are truly rare things, so I think these prices will sustain, 9.6's and 9.8's are so darn beautiful to look at, its a steal to be getting them on CL for under $100!

Eventually all the 9.6's and 9.8's will get absorbed and the prices will keep marching higher. They truely aren't making these anymore. Too many dealers panicking in the market. Don't be panicking in the market. Buy the dip hards. Comics in 9.6+ are limited supply and are never going to be common. Especially for ASM and these Marvels.

CL needs to slow down the sales as well. Buyers arent going anywhere else. No way I'm paying $1,000 for a book on fraudBay. And no way I'm selling a book on fraudBay either.

At my local store I'm always checking the 'new arrivals' and anything BA truly 9.6 9.8 only comes in once a year. Lots of 8.0 to 9.2 BA trash, but not true 9.6 and 9.8's. Its way cheaper to get these books on CL with low bids than try to find them yourself. What you need is a time machine and buy them in 1979 in perfect condition!

Sellers should not consign in this market, they would be giving it away.

For 12cent books, its impossible to find more than a 9.2 coming in. These books are really hard to find. Its not that easy to find 9.8's and 9.6's to sell in bronze age unless you find an old collection put together in the 70's!

BA 9.6's and 9.8s are truly rare things, so I think these prices will sustain, 9.6's and 9.8's are so darn beautiful to look at, its a steal to be getting them on CL for under $100!

Eventually all the 9.6's and 9.8's will get absorbed and the prices will keep marching higher. They truely aren't making these anymore. Too many dealers panicking in the market. Don't be panicking in the market. Buy the dip hards. Comics in 9.6+ are limited supply and are never going to be common. Especially for ASM and these Marvels.

CL needs to slow down the sales as well. Buyers arent going anywhere else. No way I'm paying $1,000 for a book on fraudBay. And no way I'm selling a book on fraudBay either.

We've now found Parallel Universe JC!

March's focused Auction has what a shock two (2) Amazing Spider-man #129 CGC 9.6's up.

Smart business model. :applause:

Smart post, too. (:

Edit: I'd leave it there if I were you, SOT.

hm

nah.