• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #33 - Question about back cover

6 posts in this topic

So as some of you may know I have a Tec 33 - but it is strictly a filler copy until the right one comes around. It is a CGC 0.5 and its ugly but somehow has WHITE PAGES go figure. Any way it is CGC 0.5 incomplete. Incomplete because it is missing the back cover. Well I was looking through some of my GA's last night and stumbled upon my All-American Comics #8 (Ultra Man!) and found that the back cover to it and the date are identical to Tec 33. But I am unable to identify if the interior back cover is the same as a Tec 33 because even though the back cover is the same the interior back cover may be different I am assuming because they were both under different publishers at the time (No 8 came out before DC bought All-American Comics' parent company if I am not mistaken)

Can any verify for me?

The back covers do not match because the advertiser used department numbers to identify which publications people requested catalogs from. Look at the middle bottom edge. "Dept 136A" for All-American 8 vs "Dept 990B" for Detective Comics 33.

- Darren Smith

The back covers do not match because the advertiser used department numbers to identify which publications people requested catalogs from. Look at the middle bottom edge. "Dept 136A" for All-American 8 vs "Dept 990B" for Detective Comics 33.

- Darren Smith

I figured there had to be something like that! hm

Thanks.