• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not off topic..

86 posts in this topic

Pat, I was kind of getting burnt out as well and began to get more into pulps. I've bought far more pulps in the last couple of years than comics. Its cheaper for one thing and there isn't all the pressure to find the highest grade possible. In fact there are only 4 or 5 grades, not 20. I think it must be similar to what comic collecting felt like in the early 70's.
I think I just have to find something about collecting I still enjoy.
don't let all the "negatives" get to you... concentrate and recapture that youthful thrill (thumbs u

Pat, I was kind of getting burnt out as well and began to get more into pulps. I've bought far more pulps in the last couple of years than comics. Its cheaper for one thing and there isn't all the pressure to find the highest grade possible. In fact there are only 4 or 5 grades, not 20. I think it must be similar to what comic collecting felt like in the early 70's.
don't let all the "negatives" get to you... concentrate and recapture that youthful thrill (thumbs u
Kinda hard some days. I think today I will share some books. Maybe actually touching them will make a difference.

Kinda hard some days. I think today I will share some books. Maybe actually touching them will make a difference.
sounds like a plan...

I have been re-reading daredevil in the early 200's (the miller/mach run ) and it has really helped me recapture "why" I love to read comics

Pat, if you have to try so hard to enjoy something why not just put it aside?

It doesn't seem as though you should be forcing yourself to enjoy something.

It should come pretty easily.

I just dont get excited like I used to. But I really think some of the early posts nailed it. I dont enjoy my collection because I dont do anything with it. I just buy them and box them, I dont share them or anything.

I just dont get excited like I used to. But I really think some of the early posts nailed it. I dont enjoy my collection because I dont do anything with it. I just buy them and box them, I dont share them or anything.
enjoyment has to be a key element... for me, it is the hunt, that I enjoy as much as the acquisition... that is one reason I put runs together and then sell them (the other is financial )