• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Coin-op Video Games

96 posts in this topic

Don't look for them, and never thought about it...but, if I had to pick some, here's my list of what I would look for:

Ms. Pac-Man (greatest game ever)

Donkey Kong

Dragons Lair

Double Dragon

Rampage

Golden Axe

Spy Hunter

:cloud9: Don't forget Ninja Gaiden.

Among pinball machines, my most favorite is Cyclone

65976797_4e34ff1fc1.jpg

Some awesome detail from the roller coaster:

Cyclone_Pinball_008.jpg

"Hey, you with the face!"

I owned this game and loved it. I lost it in the divorce. I really miss the game.

This game and the Addams Family pinball game are probably my two favorites.

As many of your know I have a Hulk pinball machine. My wife and I actually attend 1 or 2 arcade auctions a year yet I don't normally buy anything.

When I was younger we had an Asteroids, Missile Command, cocktail style breakout game and about 15 pinball machines.

I learned how to work on them back then and it was kind of a start of being able to work on and handle computer hardware. My dad was an avionics tech and taught me a lot about what would hold a charge even if it wasn't plugged in.

You'd be amazed that an old tubed TV even sitting in a junk yard could kill you if you touched the inside the wrong way.

I'm always on the look-out for a specific pinball machine and when I find one at a reasonable price that doesn't need an absolute complete overhaul, I'll buy it.

I have no interest in stand-up arcade video games any more and about 10 years ago I almost built a MAME machine but with console games and computers I really didn't have much interest.

Arcade games has been my hobby for the past 15 years and has survived through one divorce. Lucky for me wife #2 loves arcade and video games! Comics only recently became a hobby of mine (about the last 2 years). Here are pics of some of the games in my game room.

BacktotheFuturecabinet.jpg

X-Mencabinet.jpg

DragonSabercabinet.jpg

StreetFightertheMoviecabinet.jpg

Pac-Mancabinet.jpg

I own an original Gauntlet, and a 1975 pinball machine, Wizard by Bally.

Gauntlet!!! wow, i forgot all about that game...i used to spend a fortune after school in the Uk playing that bloody thing.....

Gauntlet was awesome... the local arcade had one guy who was extra-cool. He would take a $5 bill and open the machine up and give you nearly unlimited lives. 4 people getting in on this could make a game last from opening until close, which I did more than once. Start out early, tag out when you want to cruise the mall or get something to eat, then tag back in anytime (as long as you were one of the original people buying in on the game.) He did this because Gauntlet was the easiest to see from outside the game-room, and if there were always people on it, then he looked busy and more people would come in to his room and spend their quarters.

Win-win.

-slym