• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Coin-op Video Games

96 posts in this topic

Arcade games has been my hobby for the past 15 years and has survived through one divorce. Lucky for me wife #2 loves arcade and video games! Comics only recently became a hobby of mine (about the last 2 years). Here are pics of some of the games in my game room.

Pac-Mancabinet.jpg

I love those sit down cabinets :)

Don't look for them, and never thought about it...but, if I had to pick some, here's my list of what I would look for:

Ms. Pac-Man (greatest game ever)

Donkey Kong

Dragons Lair

Double Dragon

Rampage

Golden Axe

Spy Hunter

Dragon's Lair :cloud9:

Aside from Asteroids, my other favorite was Robotron 2084

robotron-arcade-machine.jpg

Don't look for them, and never thought about it...but, if I had to pick some, here's my list of what I would look for:

Ms. Pac-Man (greatest game ever)

Donkey Kong

Dragons Lair

Double Dragon

Rampage

Golden Axe

Spy Hunter

Dragon's Lair :cloud9:

Aside from Asteroids, my other favorite was Robotron 2084

robotron-arcade-machine.jpg

Robotron is THE reason that I still harbor intentions to finish building my MAME cab ..

Didn't expect my first post to be in an OT thread, but I just couldn't resist. I too love old coin-ops and actually work in the industry for one of the few companies that still makes arcade games. We have alot of stuff around the office that's kinda neat, and here's a little sampling... yes, they all work :

Here's a minty Joust, it's almost the exact same as the day it left the factory, and has never been in an arcade of had a coin put into it. The nicks are from moving it out of storage to our offices.

joust.jpg

A Defender that's almost in as good of shape as the Joust. Behind that are a well played Marble Madness and Tempest.

defender.jpg

A Stargate which is in great shape, this was my favorite game of the era. The poor Ms. Pacman has been around in our office quite a bit

stargate.jpg

Wizard of Wor that has taken quite a beating in it's life, behind that is a development version of a new game we're about to release.

wor.jpg

Ahh, and a favorite around our office, some pinballs that have yet to be setup since they have been moved. We have over a dozen different pinball machines in our offices, everyone loves them so much. In this bunch are Defender, Road Kings, and my favorite of all time - Black Knight, with MAGNA-SAVE! lol

pins.jpg

:grin:

Black Knight is a great game.... so is GORGAR!

Wizard of Wor! Another classic... used to play that one a lot.

Marble Madness and Tempest are two games that can only be properly played on the coin-op versions... love 'em both.

Man, Dragon's Lair was the freaking coolest and hardest game I've played...loved it...
That game was impossibly hard :censored:

Didn't expect my first post to be in an OT thread, but I just couldn't resist. I too love old coin-ops and actually work in the industry for one of the few companies that still makes arcade games. We have alot of stuff around the office that's kinda neat, and here's a little sampling... yes, they all work :

Here's a minty Joust, it's almost the exact same as the day it left the factory, and has never been in an arcade of had a coin put into it. The nicks are from moving it out of storage to our offices.

joust.jpg

A Defender that's almost in as good of shape as the Joust. Behind that are a well played Marble Madness and Tempest.

defender.jpg

A Stargate which is in great shape, this was my favorite game of the era. The poor Ms. Pacman has been around in our office quite a bit

stargate.jpg

Wizard of Wor that has taken quite a beating in it's life, behind that is a development version of a new game we're about to release.

wor.jpg

Ahh, and a favorite around our office, some pinballs that have yet to be setup since they have been moved. We have over a dozen different pinball machines in our offices, everyone loves them so much. In this bunch are Defender, Road Kings, and my favorite of all time - Black Knight, with MAGNA-SAVE! lol

pins.jpg

:grin:

Very cool stuff! :applause:

Black Knight is a great game.... so is GORGAR!

Wizard of Wor! Another classic... used to play that one a lot.

Marble Madness and Tempest are two games that can only be properly played on the coin-op versions... love 'em both.

If you have a Wii you should pick up the Williams Pinball game. VERY good simulations of both Black Knight and Gorgar. Not sure if the title was made for other platforms.

I had a Punch Out! game at my first house. Left it there when I sold the house cause it was sooo heavy. It was $185 on ebay. Body blow...body blow..knockout punch! You are an upcoming fighter!!!

ahh...memories...

i want an old Omega Race machine

I first played this machine when I was 7 years old and in a span of 8 years pumped more money in it then I care to recognize. It was always my favorite at the local arcade and many times I would walk away covered in sweat from it. :sick: They closed down about 10 or so years ago and and just recently stumbled acrossed it in a craigslist ad and bought it the next day. It currently sits in my garage until I can find a nicer spot. :cloud9:

IMG_0136.jpg

I first played this machine when I was 7 years old and in a span of 8 years pumped more money in it then I care to recognize. It was always my favorite at the local arcade and many times I would walk away covered in sweat from it. :sick: They closed down about 10 or so years ago and and just recently stumbled acrossed it in a craigslist ad and bought it the next day. It currently sits in my garage until I can find a nicer spot. :cloud9:

IMG_0136.jpg

That is so awesome. Congrats on the great find.