• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'The Boys' appreciation thread!!!

69 posts in this topic

The%20Boys%20Ennis%20Robertson%20Wee%20Hughie%20severed%20arms.jpg

When this occurred I was actually taken aback and shocked. If the series continues like this for me I am in for a rollar coaster of a read :o

And he looks like Gav!

lol

I've thought that before too!

:roflmao:
You know his look was inspired by Shaun of the Dead's Simon Pegg right?

You mean Spaced's Simon Pegg right?

doh!

Have not watched Spaced yet, but have heard great things about it.

When this occurred I was actually taken aback and shocked. If the series continues like this for me I am in for a rollar coaster of a read :o

And he looks like Gav!

lol

Gav's or Hughie's? hm

And he looks like Gav!

lol

doh!

Yeah,I've heard good things about the show too.

And he looks like Gav!

lol

Gav's or Hughie's? hm

Hughie's you silly billy. :kidaround:

And he looks like Gav!

lol

doh!

Just an FYI, Simon and Nick Frost's next movie has them playing two comic book geeks taking a road trip across the US.

And The Boys kicks .

And he looks like Gav!

lol

doh!

Yeah,I've heard good things about the show too.

It's a great show and I would urge anybody to go out and buy the DVD's to watch it. You won't regret it (thumbs u

just bought this directly from Robertson.....hopefully he'll ink and sign it before sending it.....

ive only owned OA before, the two WD pages where Rick had his hand cut off by the G'vnor, i think EvilAsh bought those off me if I recall...

butcher.jpg

It's a coin flip whether I read WD or The Boys first. The Boys consistently delivers. I was very worried about the "origin" issues (see e.g. Wolverine :sick:) but they were well done so far. Absolutely love this book. The more irreverent, the better.

It's a coin flip whether I read WD or The Boys first. The Boys consistently delivers. I was very worried about the "origin" issues (see e.g. Wolverine :sick:) but they were well done so far. Absolutely love this book. The more irreverent, the better.

+1

I also like knowing who reads and enjoys The Boys, it makes me feel like I can say anything I want to them and they won't be offended. You have to be a sick to like this comic lol

Ennis and Robertson make a great pairing. At times, it's a bit Ennis self-parody...and then you get the moments like Butcher revealing why he does what he does. Love Wee Hughie, the ultimate audience surrogate. A bit of trivia: It was all Darick's idea to model the character after Simon Pegg. Perfect.

I've been lucky enough to get some OA from Darick:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=235680&GSub=36792

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=600852&GSub=36792

Darick still has most of the OA from the series. If you're looking for anything in particular, write him via his website. Or PM me and I'll pass along your info.

+1

I also like knowing who reads and enjoys The Boys, it makes me feel like I can say anything I want to them and they won't be offended. You have to be a sick to like this comic lol

Well,I like reading The Boys,so I guess I'm a sick *spoon* :insane: :insane: :insane: :insane:

I don't mean any offense, but I'd take Preacher over the Boys. Not that one has to be chosen over the other. But Ennis' challenge that it out-Preacher's-Preacher, I would disagree. Does it get dirtier? Sure. But I loved the progression of Preacher, as a story, much more than the Boys.

Pat