• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the Best OnLine Postage Option?

32 posts in this topic

No, not when using paypal, in fact they match the click n ship prices.

Wait, let me edit. Yes you need to use some cash from your paypal balance but there are no additional fees for using paypal to pay for shipping, it is a great plus as there are more online payment options.

so if you fund from a balance, they don't charge you... good to know

No, that's not correct.

If you're printing a shipping label through paypal, you can fund the cost of the postage any way you want; whether it's through a paypal balance (ie. funds in your paypal account), the bank account tied to your paypal account, or a credit card that's associated with your paypal account.

It doesn't matter how you fund it, there are no fees associated with printing postage this way - it's the exact same price as if you were using USPS.com to print the postage.

And, unlike USPS.com, paypal allows you to print media mail & first class postage.

Wait, let me edit. Yes you need to use some cash from your paypal balance but there are no additional fees for using paypal to pay for shipping, it is a great plus as there are more online payment options.

No, that's not correct.

If you're printing a shipping label through paypal, you can fund the cost of the postage any way you want; whether it's through a paypal balance (ie. funds in your paypal account), the bank account tied to your paypal account, or a credit card that's associated with your paypal account.

It doesn't matter how you fund it, there are no fees associated with printing postage this way - it's the exact same price as if you were using USPS.com to print the postage.

And, unlike USPS.com, paypal allows you to print media mail & first class postage.

more good info! and does paypal store the address like click n ship does?

I only recall trying to use paypal one time, and I remember it charging me 3.2% for funding the postage, which is why I never used it again...maybe I was wrong (shrug)

No, that's not correct.

I only recall trying to use paypal one time, and I remember it charging me 3.2% for funding the postage, which is why I never used it again...maybe I was wrong (shrug)

I told you that a few weeks ago :shrug:

No, that's not correct.

I told you that a few weeks ago :shrug:

yep, you did, but like then, I still won't use payapl, since click n ship works for me...I was just saying good info for the boards (thumbs u

Click and ship is great, if you want to use priority mail. You just can't do media or first class.

I take everything out of Paypal immediately too, but since I have a Premier Account, back from when they had limits on my spending if I didn't...I had to have a bank account attached, I keep a small amount in a separate account, works well, when I print postage it just comes out of there.

Thanks for all the info people. Paypal wasn't even on my radar but it looks like that is what I'll go with. Using the paypal system is it possible to notify the post office to pick up your boxes or would you still need to drop off at the post office?

Thanks for all the info people. Paypal wasn't even on my radar but it looks like that is what I'll go with. Using the paypal system is it possible to notify the post office to pick up your boxes or would you still need to drop off at the post office?

The free usps carrier pickup is available no matter how your postage was done - there's a link to the usps page from the paypal page.

In the past few weeks, I started using the print shipping label from my completed Ebay sales. It sends me direct to paypal, the labels are ready to print. So I do not have to manually type in the names and address's. I did notice you can not send international first class mail, which is only a small amount my orders, nor can you add over $500.00 of insurance to an order. It automatically sends the buyer the tracking number and tracking link. Which is one step I do not have to do.

In the past few weeks, I started using the print shipping label from my completed Ebay sales. It sends me direct to paypal, the labels are ready to print. So I do not have to manually type in the names and address's. I did notice you can not send international first class mail, which is only a small amount my orders, nor can you add over $500.00 of insurance to an order. It automatically sends the buyer the tracking number and tracking link. Which is one step I do not have to do.

Yes, it's a great advantage if you're being paid by paypal (which most of us are). Just a couple of clicks and you have the whole label done, whether you have money in your balance or not.

It's a little more work if you aren't working with an order paid with paypal, or it was an order paid via the personal option, but not too much.

Stamps.com has a free program for eBay sellers that allows you to easily import eBay sales order data. The program will also post-back the delivery/tracking info back to your eBay account The only caveat is all the sales must come from eBay via the batch import/print interface.

If you have other sales (from own shopping cart, Amazon, etc) you would need to upgrade to the $15.99 monthly fee.

You can use all the software features such as SCAN forms, insure packages up to $2500 and print Media Mail/First Class Mail International labels.

Get more info at www.stamps.com/ebayfree6

Note: You will be required to input your credit card at sign-up, but this is ONLY for postage purchases.