• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic shops in Tulsa??

7 posts in this topic

None are really outstanding.

Mammoth Comics is the best I've been to in Tulsa.

Sean is one of the nicer shop owners you can meet.

I've not been there in about 6 months. They were moving next door to a larger area, but I don't know if they have it finished or not.

He has some hidden gems.

His quarter bin is usually worth digging through.

Managers convention for my day job, vendors, public relations,

human resources, motivational speaches, rubber chicken, rubber

chicken, coupons for lap dances, rubber chicken, sleeping.gifzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Think I may sneak out one day....[cough, cough]....might get myself ill...

Managers convention for my day job, vendors, public relations,

human resources, motivational speaches, rubber chicken, rubber

chicken, coupons for lap dances, rubber chicken, sleeping.gifzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Think I may sneak out one day....[cough, cough]....might get myself ill...

If you want to get away for a while, let me know.

I'm an hour drive from Tulsa.

I'll take you to my "happy place". cloud9.gif

Probably one of the better shops you've been to in 20 years.

Might just take you up on that, no schedule yet, got plane

tickets in tomorrow's world famous intercompany mail.

Had a real drag of a time last year. Down town almost seems

deserted. Stayed at the Adams Mark, 3 or 4 blocks northeast

of the convention center/hockey rink??? Bus trip around the

block most days.

I live in Southeast Tulsa. Some of the bigger shops have gone heavy into the card games but they still carry a decent new comic stock.

Gardners Used books on Mingo just South of 51 has an enormous stock of back issues and millions (thats millions) of used paperbacks. If you have a car its an easy trip down 51 from downtown. But their stock has been sitting in the bins long enough that 99 percent of the books have damage. I still go there fairly often to see if I can pick up any of their new acquisitions. Not good for high dollar stuff but tons of 50 cent to 20 dollar stuff.

Wizards Asylum has a great stock of new books. Old issues seem to be getting phased out. They run a 50 percent off sale most of the time. I did pick up about 500 books there a few weeks ago when they had a 100 for 20 bucks sale.

Vintage Stock (at least 2 locations in town) has a decent selection of older stuff out in long boxes (nothing expensive though). A few comics on the wall. Fair selection of new stuff. Bought a couple of long boxes of books for a dime each a few months back. They had a big sale. I was fighting through the boxes with all the other dealers in town trying to grab the good stuff.

Starbase 21 I haven't been to in a long time. Big store. Lots of games and other stuff. Fairly easy to get to from downtown coming Southeast on 51. Huge Mexican food place a couple of doors down from them. Fun to take the family to.

There are a couple of other 'hole in the wall' type stores that I used to go to but haven't been to for quite a while. Comic Empire and (mental block - think its Comic World.) Last time I went both had decent 'comic book guy' type decor and decent back stock but its been a long time.

If you are into high dollar stuff the guy that has been doing the 'Want List Comics' ads in Overstreet for years is in Tulsa. Might be worth a call.

Give me a PM if you want some firm addresses or phone numbers. I'd say hi while you're in town but I've got a Boy Scout campout that weekend.