• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Champion Sketch Opportunity

254 posts in this topic

The Unknown Soldier about to put the beat down on Der Fuhrer!

Unknown_Soldier_by_MChampion.jpg

:applause: (thumbs u :banana:

Wow! Another World War Two masterpiece! The Unknown Soldier is one of the best characters in DC's war stable, IMO. Great work Michael, as usual.

Meet with Mike Champion at Wizard Philly to pick up a commission he worked on for me at his home. He was a great guy and told us about his drive from Texas to Philly. He had a sick Walking Dead pcs with a "Sold" sticker on it. My wife said "To bad that is sold" Mike says "thats yours!!" I was blown away about how great it came out!! And the Zombie's shirt saying "i got slabbed by CGC" was a great touch!!

Mike and Me

izb7tk.jpg

Close up of the commission

2quj8k4.jpg

Thanks Mike (worship)

Meet with Mike Champion at Wizard Philly to pick up a commission he worked on for me at his home. He was a great guy and told us about his drive from Texas to Philly. He had a sick Walking Dead pcs with a "Sold" sticker on it. My wife said "To bad that is sold" Mike says "thats yours!!" I was blown away about how great it came out!! And the Zombie's shirt saying "i got slabbed by CGC" was a great touch!!

Mike and Me

izb7tk.jpg

Close up of the commission

2quj8k4.jpg

Thanks Mike (worship)

Those are awesome Doug, Mike I so excited about my commission :headbang:

Fulton, you're just jealous of how manly I look! :P

Staying the night in TN! I took the covers I had completed to show off at the show. Guys, there are a lot of jealous people out there over the covers you all got. I credit it to all of you giving me good ideas to work with. For the couple of you that I didn't have the covers finished for, I'll have those done when I get back home and then everything will be mailed out.

Again, I'll be opening commissions back up at the end of the month, so start saving your money now! :)

I also got the chance to meet Michael Champion at the Phili Con this past weekend. The man is on top of his game, he had alot of commissioned sketch cover books prominently displayed behind him as seen in Gaz2801 first pic. His booth stood out from the rows and rows of artist and creators selling their merchandise. All those vibrant colors he was displaying got me thinking, not only is Mr. Champion a good Artist, He is also an outstanding colorist. With that being said, I had two copies of Amazing Spiderman #606, one of them was the Partial sketch variant cover (Spiderman and MJ were Bw) which I already planned to get signed by Mike Mckone. I was like, wouldn't that be cool if Mr. Champion could put some of his color work on this and make it different. I asked him about it and he was like sure. Needless to say I am very thrilled on how it turned out.

Here is pics of both books

IMG_0467-1.jpg

This is the regular cover signed by Mike Mckone

And this is the Variant Signed by Mike Mckone and Signed,colored by Mike Champion. Check out Mr. Champion's sig right next to Campbell's by MJ's hip.

IMG_0466-1.jpg

Thank you M. Champion :headbang:

Okay, after tracking down a new cable for my scanner (the old one got left in TN or Philly), I'm FINALLY getting these final sketch covers scanned in...I'm just gonna dump 'em here real quick (Delphie and Dark Prime, yours will be uploaded later tonight)...

Enemy_Ace_by_MChampion.jpg

Hunters_by_MChampion.jpg

The_Man_by_MChampion.jpg

:o

The Enemy Ace has returned! Awesome Zero Hour cover there Michael! Did my fellow comic collectors know that the term "Zero Hour" originated during World War One? :gossip:

And the best bounty hunter set of sketches ever! Just in time for the 30th anniversary of the best Star Wars movie of them all, Empire Strikes Back....Yes, I said it. The best. Just like Michael's art. (thumbs u