• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

value for JLA 21 in CGC 9.4?

8 posts in this topic

Anyone have a clue what a JLA 21 would bring in CGC 9.4 or 9.6? I have a beautiful RAW copy I was thinking about sending and using the proceeds to buy what I really want. More Golden Age . I'm thinking $2K wouldnt be out of line? I've let it sit but now feel tempted to have it slabbed and sell it

9.6 would probably bring out decent bucks, so long as page quality was OW or better. 9.4 is surprisingly common for this book (5 copies in the CGC census, 7 9.2s, and probably more out there), and most of the BSD JLA collectors already have a 9.4 copy, so I doubt a new 9.4 copy would beat the $1955 realized at the November Heritage auction. But, I've been proven wrong on these things before. It is a fantastic book with a great cover.

here is a pic of the book what do you guys thing is 9.4 out of line? http://members.cox.net/jlondon5/jla21 After almost crapping my pants taking it out of the mylar and placing it on the scanner I've decided it might be time for me to sell off my ultra high grade silver Its just to nerve wracking handling these books I dont know how big time dealers like Blazing Bob can bring raw big dollar books and put them on a display rack or let customers handle them without having ulcers.

only half the scan seems to be showing up when I clink on the link. From what I can see, it looks very nice, but as I've said repeatedly on these boards, it's impossible to grade from a scan.

The book is worth submitting in general. Any CGC graded copy always found a buyer in eBay auctions. Someone with GPAnalysis could provide the sales tracks.

If it graded out 9.0 or better I doubt you'd have a problem being able to make some $ off of it. Of course, having said that, both Mark Wilson and Metropolis have been sitting on 9.2 copies for months with an asking price around $1000.

I know of 3 high grade JLA collectors who all have this book in 9.4. So you wouldn't have any luck there.

Of course if it came back 9.6 or better, then you could PM me! gossip.gifdevil.gif