• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who has the best variant covers Marvel or DC?

39 posts in this topic

I've notice that DC comics has better variant covers than Marvel Comics.

Marvel's variant covers don't have that "buy me" kind of covers,where as DC's variant covers have that "I got to have that book,even though its not going to make me money" kind of covers.

For example,all of these Deadpool variant covers that Marvel is putting out don't really look all that awesome to me and I'm a Deadpool fan :o

While the Green Lantern variant covers look awesome (thumbs u

I just want to know if you guys and gals feel the same way as I do?

I've been a big fan of the DC variants.

I love the BLACKEST NIGHT variants in particular. Rodolfo Migliari (who does a lot of ghe GL variants) has done a great job on them--for a book so grounded in a horror tradition, his variants, especially those to BN #4, 5 and 6, have really upped the ante.

The Deadpool variants don't do much for me. Truth be told, I think the character has become a bit overexposed as of late, and that Marvel may be running the risk of killing the goose that laid the golden eggs.

I've been a big fan of the DC variants.

I love the BLACKEST NIGHT variants in particular. Rodolfo Migliari (who does a lot of ghe GL variants) has done a great job on them--for a book so grounded in a horror tradition, his variants, especially those to BN #4, 5 and 6, have really upped the ante.

The Deadpool variants don't do much for me. Truth be told, I think the character has become a bit overexposed as of late, and that Marvel may be running the risk of killing the goose that laid the golden eggs.

But then again, I am a bit biased. . . :)

I don't normally go out of my way to buy variant covers, but I have come across some variants from Marvel that I really disliked.

I guess I was feeling nostalgic for those old frame covers and pre-ordered the Fantastic Four 70th anniversary cover sight unseen. When it arrived, I was so disappointed that I actually mailed a complaint letter to Marvel (although I doubt I'll ever hear back). Mr. Fantastic looked like Cable, and that FF frame cover was probably the worst of all the frame covers last year.

Also, I had been getting a few variant covers in my pre-ordered shipments that weren't the covers I desired. Instead of the normal Daredevil #500, I got a variant I didn't much care for. Really, I wish they'd just do away with variants entirely, or just do variants for a few special issues per year.

Really, I wish they'd just do away with variants entirely, or just do variants for a few special issues per year.

While I have loved some of the Batman variants, I couldn't agree more with this.

IDW do some great variants too on their non-licensed books.
Someone say IDW?

I was a huge fan of the Head Games variant #4 cover similar to the first volume's #4.

DSC07302.jpg

Thanks Gav (thumbs u

You have the most awesome IDW books Jerel (worship)