• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Narrow down the Gerber no shows

75 posts in this topic

Jeff - That Thrilling #33 is awesome but I haven't found it be that scarce. I have a copy - not as nice as yours but a decent one. I have seen others for sale over time. I looked longer for my Thrilling #38 (I still wish I could have bought the copy you sold - it was gorgeous).

I have an Exciting #28 and Cat-Man #13 also agree that there are other Excitings that are more difficult as well as other Cat-Mans.

BTW - Exciting #27 is a tough one for sure. I have a #30 but the #27 is purty darned tough.

I've got Exciting # 27 and 30, and I agree. Think # 30's a damn site harder to find than 28 or 27, but 28 still gets the money because of the Gerber mystique.

39's also much harder to find than 28 now just because of that stupid shout-out about its cool cover in the OSPG Market Report 3 years ago. No more rare than others in the run, but nobody's selling.

Also, having tracked these for 4 years now, Exciting 16-20 are tougher than any of the war covers.

I've got Exciting # 27 and 30, and I agree. Think # 30's a damn site harder to find than 28 or 27, but 28 still gets the money because of the Gerber mystique.

39's also much harder to find than 28 now just because of that stupid shout-out about its cool cover in the OSPG Market Report 3 years ago. No more rare than others in the run, but nobody's selling.

Also, having tracked these for 4 years now, Exciting 16-20 are tougher than any of the war covers.

I think this also for more than just Excitings in the Nedor runs. I am trying to complete runs of America's Best (which I think is the easiest and my first and only to complete at this point), Black Terror, Exciting, Fighting Yank, Startling, Thrilling and Wonder. I am 70% complete of all issues for these titles right now. I still have the luxury of of filling slots that are relatively easy but at some point, it will be a real struggle.

It's amazing. As I look at the CGC census, many of those Nedor books have only one (regardless of restored or unrestored) or none in census.