• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Narrow down the Gerber no shows

75 posts in this topic

Undoubtedly one of the greatest compolations of comics data ever printed. I look through them almost daily and still find covers that I hadn't paid much attention to before.

At print, they were full of white space's, 8's and exist?. Over the next few years many of those spaces were accounted for and some scarce books didn't seem quite so scarce any more.

I believe CBM printed some of those missing issues in a few of their special editions. With the debate of scarcity around the Action sale compared to Tec 27 and AF 15(not comparable in scarcity to me but it's being kicked around) and the number of Tec 31's in existence I'm wondering if any no shows still exist and which books listed as 8, 9, 10 are really more common now a days.

Undoubtedly one of the greatest compolations of comics data ever printed. I look through them almost daily and still find covers that I hadn't paid much attention to before.

At print, they were full of white space's, 8's and exist?. Over the next few years many of those spaces were accounted for and some scarce books didn't seem quite so scarce any more.

I believe CBM printed some of those missing issues in a few of their special editions. With the debate of scarcity around the Action sale compared to Tec 27 and AF 15(not comparable in scarcity to me but it's being kicked around) and the number of Tec 31's in existence I'm wondering if any no shows still exist and which books listed as 8, 9, 10 are really more common now a days.

hm

:whistle:

For starters, Captain Aero 26 and Flash 56 were thought to be very tough. They are both no shows. A little publicity by our dear friend Matt, and they came out of the woodwork. So probably no more scarce than the others around them in the run

For starters, Captain Aero 26 and Flash 56 were thought to be very tough. They are both no shows. A little publicity by our dear friend Matt, and they came out of the woodwork. So probably no more scarce than the others around them in the run

I think Captian Aero 26 having a really nice L.B. Cole cover makes it a little tougher to find. It's definitely much scarcer than 25 is... I've seen far more of that issue.

Primarily because people keep them, not because there are less in the world.

I understand your point, but there are _way_ more 25s out there than 26s. I don't know if it's only due to the cover. 26 is the last issue, so it's possible that there was also lower distribution.

(thumbs u

Given that I own some of the white spaces from the Photo-journals, it comes down to random luck of the draw as to what books collections Ernie visited happened not to have, esp. for the later blank covers.

Exciting #28 isn't nearly as scarce as #27 or #30.

But cool cover + Gerber no-show still drives demand to the point where it's an expensive book.

Certainly the years have revealed what books are truely scarce and which one's Gerber just had a hard time finding - but of the no-shows and/or Gerber 9s - which ones are still considered among the scarcest (newstand comics only ).