• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New look is now live - Highgradecomics.com

101 posts in this topic

Bob just a couple things I noticed when I was one the site last night [and I just tested it again now]:

- If I click the "new arrivals" it seems to take forever to load the images?

- The main homepage has a big blank space to the right of the page. There has to be a way to have the title below [had to scroll down to see it] "Featured Books" moved up to this blank space area. Right now there is too much white space and te search function which in my opinion should be push down farther on the page. New arrivals and featured books should be front and center with eye catching scans, just my 2 cents. (thumbs u

What browser are you using and at what resolution? What kind of internet connection are you on? (Okay, based on your description, you're using IE6 or below.)

New Arrivals actually doesn't have that many items on it as compared to some of the other searches. (Breaking up the results is one of the things that has always been on the agenda... it just might take some time to implement.)

Looks MUCH better!

Bob, I personally take a while to get used to something new but the site does have nice curb appeal.

One small note (not sure if it was mentioned or not).

When you click on a title (or a run of books), would it be difficult to break them down into maybe 20 or 30 or 50 per page with multiple pages?

Loading many thumbnails on a page really drags my connection down until they all load.

Maybe it's just me?

With some very hard work from Sckao and my web developer we are happy to announce that our new look is live tonight.

:cry:

You got paid for your work. :slapfight:

What browser are you using and at what resolution? What kind of internet connection are you on? (Okay, based on your description, you're using IE6 or below.)

New Arrivals actually doesn't have that many items on it as compared to some of the other searches. (Breaking up the results is one of the things that has always been on the agenda... it just might take some time to implement.)

I think the problem here is that the default value is 30 days in the New Arrivals section. Bob has added a ton of books in the last 30 days so it takes a long time to load all the jpgs for the books. It takes a long time for me both on my iPhone (which generally crashes if I let it go instead of stopping it) and firefox.

I think the problem here is that the default value is 30 days in the New Arrivals section. Bob has added a ton of books in the last 30 days so it takes a long time to load all the jpgs for the books. It takes a long time for me both on my iPhone (which generally crashes if I let it go instead of stopping it) and firefox.

Me too, JT.

:hi:

Yes I'm still on IE6 which I actually like as I'm not use to the format of these new browers but I guess I should look into upgrading. :blush:

Yes I'm still on IE6 which I actually like as I'm not use to the format of these new browers but I guess I should look into upgrading. :blush:

No problem. Bob's site should soon work for all browsers (even IE 6.0 for the most part).

I'd just like to point out that IE 6.0 was released on August 27, 2001.

This version of Internet Explorer is widely derided for its security issues and lack of support for modern web standards, making frequent appearances in "worst tech products of all time" lists, with some publications labeling it as the "least secure software on the planet."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer_6

A web design firm is having a funeral for IE 6 on March 4...

http://ie6funeral.com/

No problem. Bob's site should soon work for all browsers (even IE 6.0 for the most part).

This version of Internet Explorer is widely derided for its security issues and lack of support for modern web standards, making frequent appearances in "worst tech products of all time" lists, with some publications labeling it as the "least secure software on the planet."

I have a question. Which browser is the best to view his site. Safari or firefox.

I have a question. Which browser is the best to view his site. Safari or firefox.

It should work with all modern browsers (shortly) and render pretty much the same. (thumbs u

IE 6.0 isn't exactly modern although many companies on XP still officially use it. So people using IE 6.0 may still see some oddities. (But they should be minor after tonight/tomorrow.)