• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let the games begin....heritage time!

644 posts in this topic

Marvel #1 pay copy is already at $191.2k. :o

I thought it would go for around $180k.

that bodes well ...bodes well indeed (thumbs u

Is that due to the influence of the Million dollar action 1?

Dammit I'm bored, over 5 hours to go..

I don't think so...I think it is still one of "the" best marvel 1's out there... but if it is, kudos!

I don't think so...I think it is still one of "the" best marvel 1's out there... but if it is, kudos!

It is but it has been around too much I thought to replicate its last price $201k.

Suppose that is still the case if there isn't a further bid on it.

It is but it has been around too much I thought to replicate its last price $201k.

Suppose that is still the case if there isn't a further bid on it.

one day up, the next day down... the market will still interpret and value the book as a bidder (or 2) go (thumbs u

I think you will see a bit of "rising tide" with many of the big keys. It only makes sense.

The Action #1 will definitely pull some other keys up with it as it is all relative.

:wishluck:

Is somebody from here going to be onsite? There's a book in the auction that I really want and I got jammed up at work yesterday and was unable to increase my maximum bid. Long shot, I know, but if somebody's going to be there, please PM me. Thanks!

Interesting that the bidding is higher on the Black Terror #1 blue label 6.5 than the green label 9.0. From my experience, that green label copy could be resubbed with a note asking for a blue label and probably receive a 7.5.

Unless there is some real aggressive bidding in the live session, looks like Keller may sadly take a bath on a lot of his books (caveat: at least among those I looked it). :cry:

I'm sure he will be taking ANOTHER big bath.

It's too bad, he had great taste in books.... Unfortunately, he's just selling them too quickly and too en masse.

Agreed. He did have very good taste and paid top of the market, at the time, for some of his books. It is too bad. He did buy the kind of books that you can pay top of the market for and make out OK. But you have to hold onto them for longer than a few years.

This book is beautiful. The colors on it look so fresh. And structually from the scans, it does not get much better. Add to it the unique provenance and I think it is one of the very best books in the hobby. It's awesome. :luhv:

Unless there is some real aggressive bidding in the live session, looks like Keller may sadly take a bath on a lot of his books (caveat: at least among those I looked it). :cry:

I'm sure he will be taking ANOTHER big bath.

It's too bad, he had great taste in books. He also must've been Heritage's #1 comic customer for the past 3 years--I'm just amazed by the sheer volume and depth of what is turning out to have been purchased by him. Unfortunately, he's just selling them too quickly and too en masse.

...and into a terrible market. :(

You mean the terrible market that`s setting new records all over the place for premium books? We`re not talking about F+ SA Marvels from 1968 here.

Double guide on the Whiz #22 CGC 9.2 at the end of internet bidding. Not bad for a Fawcett!
my favorite whiz cover and I haven't even bid yet :headbang:

Really cool cover. The character has a lot of potential and I´m pretty sure that these prices will be low for these grades some day. Especially for the lower numbers of this series.

Go ahead, Rick (thumbs u

I am going through the catalog book by book....really wish I could bid on some of the more funs ...

(tsk)

they look SOOOO su wheat though

I can´t believe the bids on these books are so low! It´s so disappointing :sorry:

The serious bids have not even started yet.

I don't think they will sell for the highs paid for them by the seller but they won't be 50% lower either.

Double guide on the Whiz #22 CGC 9.2 at the end of internet bidding. Not bad for a Fawcett!

Really cool cover. The character has a lot of potential and I´m pretty sure that these prices will be low for these grades some day. Especially for the lower numbers of this series.

Go ahead, Rick (thumbs u

The bidding on the #22 makes the #24 look like a bargain. Same grade, but it's sitting at guide while the #22 is double that.

Go ahead, Rick (thumbs u

The bidding on the #22 makes the #24 look like a bargain. Same grade, but it's sitting at guide while the #22 is double that.

Shhhh.

Go ahead, Rick (thumbs u

Shhhh.

What other books are you watching? I wanna talk about those, too.

I am going through the catalog book by book....really wish I could bid on some of the more funs ...

(tsk)

they look SOOOO su wheat though

I can´t believe the bids on these books are so low! It´s so disappointing :sorry:

The serious bids have not even started yet.

I don't think they will sell for the highs paid for them by the seller but they won't be 50% lower either.

The Spectre books did generally decrease both in value and demand over the last couple years. Even if they sell around 50 or 60% of what the seller bought them for, it is still disappointing, since this wasn´t that many years ago. Although the Spectre covers will get a bump, I doubt that the pre-hero MF´s will approach prices they should.