• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Limited Dawn Question

7 posts in this topic

Quick question guys and gals--I just got Dawn (Lucifers Halo) 2-6, the limited issues, and want to get them graded. Each issue has the original Linsner CofA's. Do I submit the CofA's with the books? Any help or suggestions would be great.

No, CGC doesn't care about the COA's and they aren't noted on the label.

If the books are signed on the front, they'll come back in a qualified (green) label slab with the notation "name written on cover".

If the signature is on the inside, they'll come back in a blue label - similar to this:

cry-for-dawn-6-variant-cgc-9.4-f.jpg

Cool, thanks to everyone for the help. I'm not sending the CofA's. I'll get green labels, but that's cool.

Books signed on the cover with COAs from before 2001 (or so) will always get a green label,

because it wasn't possible to obtain a blue or yellow label (from CGC back then) on those books.

It shouldn't deter any buyer who knows what they're looking for.

If buyers think they'll wait for a blue label, they'll be waiting a long time.

Some collectors say that "GLOD" is "Green Label of Doom" or "Green Label of Death",

but if the green label is given for a signature, it is only a "Green Label of Doubt"

and the knowledgable buyer should recognize the COA as legit or not even if CGC doesn't.

(thumbs u