• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD/CLOSED: Superman # 11 CGC 8.5 OW Classic Fred Ray cover

22 posts in this topic

First off, a bit of disclosure: I just bought this book and its sale is reflected in GPA. It was a "below market" type of sale since it was 1). on eBay 2). a reserve auction and 3). ended mid day Saturday, one of the worst times to end an auction. Had this book been in the Heritage auction yesterday, it likely would've broke $3,000-$3,200 based on the strong prices early Supes were fetching.

Were it not for the fact I already have a 9.0, AND have large bills from the various auction houses due, it wouldn't be up for sale as its one of my favorite Superman covers of all time.

So, without further adieu, up for sale is an old label CGC 8.5 copy of Superman # 11, one of the great classic Superman covers. How classic? The Post Office actually used this iconic image on a stamp a few years ago. Graded back in 2002, all three graders gave this one an 8.5. Its also very obvious that the book has never been pressed, and could benefit from one, though I'm skeptical that it would improve the grade any. Its an 8.5, and likely always will be.

The best feature of this particular copy is that has a beautiful yellow cover unmarred by foxing, stains, and the other unsightly problems that regularly affect this book.

The last 8.5 sold for $3,300 (it was also subsequently pressed into a 9.2, and resold for $5,500). I paid $2,500, and would be happy to pass it along with a small profit.

Your price $SOLD shipped via Paypal.

Superman11cgc85f.jpg

Superman11cgc85b.jpg