• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: FF 38

17 posts in this topic

OK...the basic aspects of wear keeping this from a 10.0... :insane:

Light but noticeable abrasion top spine corner...teeny chip out of bottom right corner...a few light transverse spine stresses...a small light drop NCB bend along with the transverse tick at bottom spine, front cover and some very light rack stresses, back spine and some light indentations upper left margin/corner, back cover...OWW pages, almost white!

FF38FCRAW.jpg

FF38BCRAW.jpg

7.0 maybe a 7.5 The top left and bottom right corners are a bit roughed up for it to enter into the 8.0+ range. Not to mention the STAIN on the top of the spine on the BC. Anyone spot that? That's a stain right?

If that's not a stain, then mark me down for a 7.5. If that is a stain, then it's a 7.0 in my book.

Regardless, I'm not dumping on your book. It's one of my favorite FF covers and it would be a welcome addition to any collection.

7.0 maybe a 7.5 The top left and bottom right corners are a bit roughed up for it to enter into the 8.0+ range. Not to mention the STAIN on the top of the spine on the BC. Anyone spot that? That's a stain right?

If that's not a stain, then mark me down for a 7.5. If that is a stain, then it's a 7.0 in my book.

Regardless, I'm not dumping on your book. It's one of my favorite FF covers and it would be a welcome addition to any collection.

Actually there's no stain there. But I went back and opened the covers in checking this and found a small stain on the inside of the bottom right corner that goes through to the 1st page and ends there...can't be seen from the FC due to the dark colors...ouch... :tonofbricks:

img936.jpg

Actually there's no stain there. But I went back and opened the covers in checking this and found a small stain on the inside of the bottom right corner that goes through to the 1st page and ends there...can't be seen from the FC due to the dark colors...ouch... :tonofbricks:

img936.jpg

:tonofbricks: ouch

img936.jpg

Tom,

Now that you've pointed it out, I can see it from the FC, barely, but scans never lie . . . This is the kind of defect that CGC just harps on, and the submitter "swears" he got hosed.

-d