• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink sticker attached to CGC case! Why?

37 posts in this topic

Metropolis puts stickers on their books as well. :(

I'd say everyone of them will eventually. They've always got to "one up" the other.

It be nice if they built a custom frame with CLink or Metrop. engraved on the front and gave that to us instead. Maybe even have a nice nail hole feature in the back to hang it with. Now thats better than a sticker anyday!

Don't know if this erks others the way it erks me, but why they started this is beyond me. I understand they want us to know where the book was sold from and I also understand it's a bit of free advertising, but I really don't want that adhesive sticker on the back of CGC cases.

I'm afraid to attempt to remove it because I'm sure the residue that will be left over would look just as bad as the sticker itself.

Has anyone attempted to remove this sticker? Is it easy? Or is it a nightmare?

Heritage also puts stickers on their stuff, but the sticker/glue is of a quality that is very easy to peel off without leaving residue.

Ideally ComicLink should put all CGC cases in a long slipcover and put their sticker on the slipcover.

You should contact them and politely explain the situation. If there are numerous people like you who don't appreciate this practice, maybe they will reconsider and find a better alternative.

Don't know if this erks others the way it erks me, but why they started this is beyond me. I understand they want us to know where the book was sold from and I also understand it's a bit of free advertising, but I really don't want that adhesive sticker on the back of CGC cases.

I'm afraid to attempt to remove it because I'm sure the residue that will be left over would look just as bad as the sticker itself.

Has anyone attempted to remove this sticker? Is it easy? Or is it a nightmare?

Heritage also puts stickers on their stuff, but the sticker/glue is of a quality that is very easy to peel off without leaving residue.

Ideally ComicLink should put all CGC cases in a long slipcover and put their sticker on the slipcover.

You should contact them and politely explain the situation. If there are numerous people like you who don't appreciate this practice, maybe they will reconsider and find a better alternative.

That's a great suggestion, but I doubt they would be so inclined. They slap the sticker on there for three reasons:

1. Cheap advertising.

2. To them, the books are only a commodity.

3. They don't give a ratz-azz.

If they felt otherwise, this thread wouldn't exist.

Pedigree sometimes puts the stickers on, but instead of on the case, they put them on the CGC bag. And I don't mind them at all for one specific reason--they peel off very easily with no remaining residue.

Given the awful residue that remains from ComicLink stickers, I can only assume they either don't give a rip about the people who feel the need to remove them, or they continue to use that brand SPECIFICALLY to dissuade people from removing them. Either reason is awful form. And yes, they do put them on high-dollar books too. :mad:

I've discovered a trick to aid in removal--don't try removing them right when the delivery driver gives them to you if it's cold outside, as the glue is more solid and results in greater fragmenting of the label. If you let the book warm up to room temp, or preferrably even higher, the glue is closer to being a liquid and always comes off for me with no fragmenting of the sticker. There's usually a little residue even at warmer temps, but not much, little enough for me to just ignore.

Pedigree sometimes puts the stickers on, but instead of on the case, they put them on the CGC bag. And I don't mind them at all for one specific reason--they peel off very easily with no remaining residue.

Given the awful residue that remains from ComicLink stickers, I can only assume they either don't give a rip about the people who feel the need to remove them, or they continue to use that brand SPECIFICALLY to dissuade people from removing them. Either reason is awful form. And yes, they do put them on high-dollar books too. :mad:

I've discovered a trick to aid in removal--don't try removing them right when the delivery driver gives them to you if it's cold outside, as the glue is more solid and results in greater fragmenting of the label. If you let the book warm up to room temp, or preferrably even higher, the glue is closer to being a liquid and always comes off for me with no fragmenting of the sticker. There's usually a little residue even at warmer temps, but not much, little enough for me to just ignore.

Good advice!

The stupid stickers remain. lol I seriously don't want to deal with cleaning residue off of 80 books. I'm leaving them. The Braves fired Fredi Gonzalez today, so I'm calling this a wash.

Holding my breath till Asmus is canned and the Tigers get back on track.

I just watched a clip of Ausmus getting tossed and leaving his jacket on home plate...It's hard to justify that record with the team in place.

The stupid stickers remain. lol I seriously don't want to deal with cleaning residue off of 80 books. I'm leaving them. The Braves fired Fredi Gonzalez today, so I'm calling this a wash.

I just watched a clip of Ausmus getting tossed and leaving his jacket on home plate...It's hard to justify that record with the team in place.

There's not a bullpen in the whole league that sucks as bad as Detroit's (at least it seems that way).

Use a plastic scotty peeler and a bottle of goo gone.

My last sticker came off clean when I peeled it off reeeeal slow. But, I've had problems with sticker residue in the past. I used Goo Gone on the sticker residue, then glass cleaner on the Goo Gone residue. Works every time.