• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey Ian; Redux,a serious question.

82 posts in this topic

Now that the dust has setteled and your precious DA2 is yours,I have a question for you.

Did you give Foolkiller(Brian) a finders fee.

If not,please explain why?

Without him,this book would be sitting unslabbed in a LCS in Jersey.While much of his efforts were to help his friend get the best price for the book,he DID provide you a great service.

How much of a reward you gave(give) is not important and should be between the two of you but your actions here in this regard may influence how much help you recieve from other board members.

Same goes for Meterog,imo

Couldn't agree more,but since he has choosen otherwise....

Brian is a good guy who tried to do the right thng and got caught in the middle.I'm very curious to see how Ian treats him.

glad to see he rewarded Metarog. thumbsup2.gif

Now that the dust has setteled and your precious DA2 is yours,I have a question for you.

This question has left me speechless.

Everything Brian did was to ensure Metropolis bought the book.

The fact that Vincent later sold it to me had nothing to do with the way the transaction went down.

You said this was a serious question.

Are you SURE it was ???????

Because I'm sorry but I can't take it seriously at all.

As for Metarog, he has been an absolute SAINT, and I was happy to send him a big box of spares. He deserved it.

The fact that Vincent later sold it to me had nothing to do with the way the transaction went down.

As for Metarog, he has been an absolute SAINT, and I was happy to send him a big box of spares. He deserved it.

popcorn.gif

Ian,

Please correct me if any of this is wrong.

Brian emailed you about the book,after he found out his friend had it sitting in his store.

As a result of him emaiing you,you made Joe an offer.

Joe didn't accept your offer and went looking for more.

Vincent bought the book.

Yet another catfight occured.

You ended up with the book for around the same amount of your offer to Joe.

You ended up with the book Brian informed you about for around what you offered for it. Pardon the pun,but it seems that Brian put "the wheeels in motion" for this transacton and now you don't even thank him for it.

Deeds,not words.You came on these forums asking for help and recieved it. You have your long sought book.

I just thought I would chime in here. I don't think that Ian needs to pay a fee here unless there was some sort of prior agreement.

I certainly don' t think that I merited anything from Ian since I am assisting him voluntarily and only out of my respect for such an incredible accomplishment. In fact, I really didn't want Ian to send me anything but he wanted to show his appreciation and sent me some of his doubles. Receiving the package was great I am having a blast reading some of those old Golden-Age stories, giveaways. etc. Thanks again Ian!!!!

As I told Ian no "reward" is necessary and I would be helping him whether he sent me something or not. The real "reward" is helping a fellow collector with this incredible quest and having a small part in it.

I just thought I would chime in here. I don't think that Ian needs to pay a fee here unless there was some sort of prior agreement.

I certainly don' t think that I merited anything from Ian since I am assisting him voluntarily and only out of my respect for such an incredible accomplishment. In fact, I really didn't want Ian to send me anything but he wanted to show his appreciation and sent me some of his doubles. Receiving the package was great I am having a blast reading some of those old Golden-Age stories, giveaways. etc. Thanks again Ian!!!!

As I told Ian no "reward" is necessary and I would be helping him whether he sent me something or not. The real "reward" is helping a fellow collector with this incredible quest and having a small part in it.

Thanks, this touches my heart... everyone, let's vow to love and not to hate each other.... snif snif flowerred.gif

C'mon: We Are The World...We Are the Children...

Seriously, nice gesture--to a happy ending! cloud9.gif

He was representing Joe more than Ian since he also told Vincent about the book. I can see Joe giving him a broker's fee, but not Ian.

Thankyou.

That's EXACTLY how I viewed it.

If he'd been trying to help me. he'd have organised a deal, not urged Joe to shop it all around to get the highest price AFTER he'd told me about it.

Roger, as silly as this may sound, I think you are so wonderful that I cannot find the words in the dictionary to express it.

The help you have given me not only has made my collection so much more complete and fulfilled, but these boards are compulsive daily viewing because of you and people like you and your selfless assistance.

You deserve a second box soon.

By the way, talking of nice and warm hearted people, do any of you know Michelle Nolan ???

Gary Carter put me in touch with her, and I was utterly blown away by what a truly fabulous person she is. Her reputation is legendary, but her warmth and sincerity is just BRILLIANT.

You mean "she"? 893whatthe.gif

Do you know, as dumb as this may sound, I'd never even considered that possibility.

foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

Trinity: My name's Trinity.

Neo: *The* Trinity? Who cracked the IRS d-base?

Trinity: That was a long time ago.

Neo: Jesus...

Trinity: What?

Neo: I just thought... you were a guy.

Trinity: Most guys do.

Trinity: My name's Trinity.

Neo: *The* Trinity? Who cracked the IRS d-base?

Trinity: That was a long time ago.

Neo: Jesus...

Trinity: What?

Neo: I just thought... you were a guy.

Trinity: Most guys do.

I think you misunderstood.

The inference was not particularly that she might be female, but more inferring that she was the subject herself in question.