• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

After 2 years of trying - I have done a Wacky Package for Topps-Image Added

145 posts in this topic

I hope this is kosher to post here, since I am not selling these, or making any money from sales at all, but thought a few of you might like a heads up.

For the past two years I have been talking to an editor at Topps who has been trying to get me onboard to paint Wacky Packages. As a child, these stickers were as cool as it got, and it has always been a dream to be part of the history that started with Art Spiegelman & Norm Saunders.

My first piece is one of their postcard sized Wackies they sell on their online store, and it looks favorable that I will be doing more work with them in the future. I am not allowed to show the image until Monday when they hit the Topps Store, but I wanted to give you a heads up because they only print 250 of the limited edition sets and they go fast. They are expected to be listed on the Topps store at some point tomorrow, most likely AM. The limited sets contain all 5 postcards, but also haves a sketch card by one of the artists who worked on the set (There are 5 different guys on this one, we each did 50 cards). The limited set also contains other exclusive goodies not in the cheaper set.

After they become available for sale tomorrow I will post the image of my piece.

I forgot the link to the store -

I am in Series 5 of the Postcards

Way to go Matt!!! :applause:

Now send me a PM with how much you want for the original. (thumbs u

Topps keeps this one. :cry:

:slapfight:

They can get a recreation...

:slapfight: