• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the Best software for cataloging software?

6 posts in this topic

As it stands right now I am using nothing more than an Extremely simple Excel worksheet to keep track of my comics. I was hoping that you guys (and gal... there's only one in here right? grin.gif ) might now of something that works well. I've seen different programs offered on eBay, but am skeptical about the layout. Any thoughts?

I use Norton Systemworks... that does a very good job of cataloging my software for me... whenever I am not sure what software I have, I can check there and it will tell me...

Highly recommend it... thumbsup2.gif

If you mean software for comic book inventory, I go excel. I tried comicbase and the others but they are missing too much and have errors too many to list here.

JUST REMEMBER TO SAVE SAVE SAVE!!

and it helps to keep a seperate inventory for doubles if applicable.

also there are lots of ladies on here, they just don't want to be torn apart by you guys..

I built a Microsoft Access database several years ago. It works for me.

I track the title, issue number, condition, purchase price (if available), recent guide price (if I have the time), box it is stored in, date entered, date updated, and some notes fields.

The reports provide box contents, total inventory, missing issues, total value.

Larry