• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Old School Tag Team

150 posts in this topic

Sorry for this strange post, but I just finished watching a lot of old school tag team wrestling from the 80s--NWA mostly--and I thought it'd be fun to find out which tag team from the 80s is your favorite.

For me--The Midnight Express.

This new board is great! Comics, video games and now wrestling! This won't last in general long but I'll play along. My choice is the Hart Foundation with honorable mention to the Rockers. Just cause it's funny, here's a picture of the Rockers:

rockers.jpg

The Bushwackers.

Can-Am Connection was awesome too (Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat and Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka).

Yes! I forgot about those guys. I change my pick to the Bushwackers.

This new board is great! Comics, video games and now wrestling! This won't last in general long but I'll play along. My choice is the Hart Foundation with honorable mention to the Rockers. Just cause it's funny, here's a picture of the Rockers:

rockers.jpg

dude!!!! good call!

Three words. THE ROAD WARRIORS! `nuff said :headbang:

No doubt. No one in the last 25 years comes close to how dominant they were during the 80's. I like Bruiser & Crusher, and another old school tag team The East West Connection (Adrian Adonis & Jesse Ventura)

94277.jpg.c549552374cf05539574601f57b11ac9.jpg

From the sixties, I'd go with Diiick the Bruiser and The Crusher:

crusherbruiser.jpg

+1

Seen them so many times at the Amphitheater and Hammond Civic Center I lost count. They were the best of their time. I was at the Amphitheater once when they were going to wrestle " THE CHAIN GANG". A gigantic brawl broke out between a local motorcylce club and some Black Stone Rangers. The place turned into total kaos as the matches were stopped and Chicago police with riot helmets were pouring into the place. I was 15 or 16 at the time and running for my life. I'll never forget a guy was having his face smashed into a drinking fountain. The good old days.

DRX