• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I love JRJR despite the consenus on these boards...

39 posts in this topic

I like old JRJR just like Bynre. New stuff is crapola, sorry but it stinks. That new avengers poster ensures I won't buy the book.

I like old JRJR just like Byrne. New stuff is crapola, sorry but it stinks. That new avengers poster ensures I won't buy the book.

Yeah, I thought that Avengers cover was ...I don't know...lazy. He's either lost something or he's rushing his work.

I was just flipping through Doomwar #1, and that cover was lazy as well. He's becoming borderline Liefeld-esque....

:sick:

...okay....just heading in that direction. lol

Funny thing is JRJRs cover didn't do the writer or interior artist any justice. The interior artist was actually damn good. I gotta go back and get his name. Story was awesome as well. Its shaping out to be better than the other current big "events".

JRJR in kick- was REALLY GOOD!

iduno what happened to him... :(

It's 2 covers. It's not all his work, obviously, since Kick- was done recently as well.

Patience, everyone patience.

Everyone is capable of a bad day, or a bad outing.

Can even happen to an All-star like JRJR.

30 years of good stuff shouldn't be undone by 2 sub par pieces. I don't think there's cause to throw him under the bus.

I understand where you're coming from..but like most of us, first impressions last a life time. Now.. if it was just an artist's proof, then yes I can deal with it. But considering that they are plasting that cover, along with the Avengers all over websites and Preview books. I am not going to subject myself to buy a book, just because Romita did the cover.

As I get older I'm really starting to develope a distate for big stars who refuse to draw books, but only do Variant Covers. And yes, I am a Jim Lee fan, but I will no longer buy his variants, just for that purpose. Unless it's an original art piece ;)

His uncanny stuff and ASM was great, other stuff is krap

You forgot DD. The stuff with Al Williamson is some of the very best comic art of the last 25 years.

I think his desire not to be his father, pushed him further and further into trying to develop his own style. I really enjoyed his early work on ASM. When he took over after the Byrne relaunch, his art was too squarish, bulky and disproportionate for my taste.

i personally HATE his latest stuff on ASM from new ways to die and all that, i am extremely dissapointed that Marvel is giving him the Avengers, it should be given to someone with better line work like Coipel

I think his desire not to be his father, pushed him further and further into trying to develop his own style. I really enjoyed his early work on ASM. When he took over after the Byrne relaunch, his art was too squarish, bulky and disproportionate for my taste.

+1 anything he drew ASM 500 and up is total arse