• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre-Robins: We know the covers are iconic, but what's your favorite Bat story?

175 posts in this topic

I also like the last pre-Robin Batman story where he fights the Monster-Men.

That one's my favorite as well. Great, underrated story.

Me too. Just read it again yesterday :cloud9:

I also like the last pre-Robin Batman story where he fights the Monster-Men.

That one's my favorite as well. Great, underrated story.

Me too. Just read it again yesterday :cloud9:

And by read - that means the real genuine article! Your a lucky man!

Batman 1 :cloud9:

I don't know if I'm in a minority but the story for Tec 31 and 32 I think is the worst of the Pre Robins Tecs.

Tec 29-30 is my favourite

you might be in a small class on that one, but, yeah, 29-30 is cool :cool:

I don't know if I'm in a minority but the story for Tec 31 and 32 I think is the worst of the Pre Robins Tecs.

Tec 29-30 is my favourite

you might be in a small class on that one, but, yeah, 29-30 is cool :cool:
it appears I am in a class all by myself lol

First Batman cover where he is smiling it Detective Comics 36!

Random Pre-Robin fact.

I've always thought the change in Batman's demeanor came about due to the change in the editor-in-chief at National. Vin Sullivan's last issue was Detective Comics 35, marking the end of the mean Batman with a gun. The issue after, Detective Comics 36, is credited to Whitney Ellsworth who was more interested in marketing comic books as kid-friendly fare and shortly thereafter welcomed the addition of Robin.

My favorite is the 31/32 story. (thumbs u

that is second for me...i liked Doc Death over the Monk for some reason..

Same here. I really like the Doctor Death storyline in 29. You have a fighting mad Batman getting shot and wounded, quite a revelation by superhero standards. Issues 31/32 is a mess of irregular pacing and doesn't make much sense. The writer seemed to be into improvising weird sh it to fill pages until seemingly he ran out and had to quickly end the story. I also like 28 for sentimental reasons (Golden Age style simple plotting) and the brisk pacing. This issue probably comes closest in presenting Batman as a modern-day Zorro as Finger and Kane had envisioned.

My favorite is the 31/32 story. (thumbs u

that is second for me...i liked Doc Death over the Monk for some reason..

Same here. I really like the Doctor Death storyline in 29. You have a fighting mad Batman getting shot and wounded, quite a revelation by superhero standards. Issues 31/32 is a mess of irregular pacing and doesn't make much sense. The writer seemed to be into improvising weird sh it to fill pages until seemingly he ran out and had to quickly end the story. I also like 28 for sentimental reasons (Golden Age style simple plotting) and the brisk pacing. This issue probably comes closest in presenting Batman as a modern-day Zorro as Finger and Kane had envisioned.

yes the 29 story was great...suction cup climbing Batman, penthouse break in, gas pullets, Jabah (huge Indian henchman)..really cool....