• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre-Robins: We know the covers are iconic, but what's your favorite Bat story?

175 posts in this topic

Is it...?

# 27 - 6 page 1st Bat-Man app

# 29,30 - 1st two part story with Doctor Death (Batman's 1st named villain)

# 31, 32 - 2nd two part story with the Monk, Dala, and Julia Madison (Batman's fiancee)

# 33 - 1st. Bat Origin

# 35 - Don't recall the title, but it's about a rare red ruby (killer splash of course)

These are the best of the Bat stories IMO (with all due respect to the Bat stories in #28, 34, 36, 37)...

My vote is for Tecs 29-30 and the Dr. Death story :cool: I just love the interior panels the most. The splash on # 32 is very cool too (Dracula pose by Batman).

Post some interior panels if anyone has them (thumbs u

#33 origin is the best story imo
and to think it would be 8 years later for any "details" of his origin are printed in Bat 47 ;) One of your favorite books I believe Mr. Gator...
next to #1, it is my favorite bat issue (thumbs u

My favorite is the 31/32 story. (thumbs u

that is second for me...i liked Doc Death over the Monk for some reason..

And 29/30 is a very close second for me!

I liked 31/32 because it's an across the globe adventure. Castles, Batplane, Baterang, gothic outdoor scenes, and finally Batman kills with a gun.

Cool topic. (thumbs u

I like the 31/32 story with the Monk & Dala best. Just a wierd, but very cool & dark story.

I also like the last pre-Robin Batman story in Batman #1 where he fights the Monster-Men.

I honestly can't remember anymore which stories I've read. I got to know Batman by reading the entire Batman encyclopedia (by Fliescher I believe) as a kid.

doh!

Cool topic. (thumbs u

I like the 31/32 story with the Monk & Dala best. Just a wierd, but very cool & dark story.

I also like the last pre-Robin Batman story in Batman #1 where he fights the Monster-Men.

Great story as well! And a very dark and incredible scene where he kills the giants in the end. By shooting and hanging. A great final solo Bat story. Went out with a bang.

Well, I'll be able to tell you my thoughts on this issue shortly. I was able to find a copy of the Batman: Archives vol. 1 for $10 at a local show with the first 20 or so stories :whee:

Love the archives!!! :grin:

I liked 31/32 because it's an across the globe adventure. Castles, Batplane, Baterang, gothic outdoor scenes, and finally Batman kills with a gun.

and wolves and vampires :eek:

and 1 random gorilla :grin:

and 1 random gorilla :grin:

yah :P

Well, I'll be able to tell you my thoughts on this issue shortly. I was able to find a copy of the Batman: Archives vol. 1 for $10 at a local show with the first 20 or so stories :whee:
all the Batman #1 stories are very very good :applause: