• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My package is "under review"

52 posts in this topic

Well, at least you Canadians have Bryan Adams.

We still have Matt Wagner, Shania Twain, Nelly Furtado, Fergie of the Blackeyed Peas. Used to have Todd McFarlane, John Byrne, Joe Shuster but they all left for the better business climate of USA. Travis Charest of AB moved to Europe for art inspiration and it worked! :applause:

We still have Matt Wagner, Shania Twain, Nelly Furtado, Fergie of the Blackeyed Peas. Used to have Todd McFarlane, John Byrne, Joe Shuster but they all left for the better business climate of USA. Travis Charest of AB moved to Europe for art inspiration and it worked! :applause:

shania-twain.jpg

:cloud9:

You claim them then you gotta claim Celine Dion and she negates everyone on that whole damn list.

She's like one of those aliens from Close Encounters but less attractive.

celinedion-resize-s925-s450-fit.jpg

I don't care if she lives in Vegas, we ain't takin' her. :sumo:

shania-twain.jpg

:cloud9:

serenade.gif

I had a book coming up from the US sit in customs for over 2 weeks. Took 4 weeks total to arrive.

Good luck!

I've had this happen to me a couple of times. Different stories for both.

Once I drove back across the border after coming back from San Diego (this in 08). A border guard (young guy too) didn't like Ghita of Alizarr and claimed it had a rape scene and beastiality. It got held up a couple of weeks and was then released back to me. It did take some digging for me to find out that A) it was clear and B) where to call to get it back. The forms they sent didn't make it very clear and there was no number to call. I did call the the various border services and was passed around to about 5 different people and asked if I wanted to come and pick it up or have them mail it to me. I told them to mail it to me but I got the impression that they'd rather not.

Another time (this in 2002 I think) I bought a bunch of stuff from Fantagraphics from a major online sale. Among them was Zap Comix #4 and Rebel Visions: The Underground Comix Revolution (which was blocked in Vancouver). When I got my box there was a notice that Customs had opened and inspected it but they let everything come though - which was bit of a surprise.

I love my country, but hate our border services. Diamond refuses to send a lot of stuff to Canada because of issues with them. A magazine I had an interview in wasn't going to be shipped, when checking the previews ad the only other country that they wouldn't ship to was China. I had to buy it from a US retailer and get them to ship it to me.

Sorry to hear Drew... I can honestly say that out of the hundred or so packages I have received from the US none have been held at the border. But I can definitely see how frustrating your situation is. :wishluck:

I bought from a really great seller and he sent the items out in early Jan. Looking at the tracking history from Canadian Post, the item has taken 2 months + to leave the country :frustrated:

I dont get it . Comparing USPS and Canadian Post is like comparing Brazil and Bhutan for soccer prowess

Track Status

Product Type: International Parcel

Track History

Date Time Location Description

2010/02/03 09:34 International item has left Canada

Date Time Location Description

2010/02/03 09:34 International item has left Canada

2010/01/20 17:32 MONTREAL Item processed at postal facility

2010/01/19 22:46 DIEPPE Item processed at postal facility

2010/01/11 13:54 ST. ANTHONY Item accepted at the Post Office

Thanks Bruno. First time it's happened to me. I've had Canada Post lose a few packages over the years, but I've never had a problem with Canada Customs til now.

It can be frustrating if you're impatient (as I am) but the good thing is that they are doing their job to keep the country safe.

:foryou:

Thanks Bruno. First time it's happened to me. I've had Canada Post lose a few packages over the years, but I've never had a problem with Canada Customs til now.

Let's just hope your OA isn't hanging in the Canada Customs lunchroom. :insane:

:gossip:

dartboard

dartboard

:gossip:Hand towel in Kitchen

dartboard

Floor mat in bathroom. Those warehouses get cold.

dartboard

Floor mat in bathroom. Those warehouses get cold.

:gossip:Super Absorbent Toilet Paper