• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us Your silver age "hard to find in high grade" books!

1,000 posts in this topic

Speaking in generalities, high grade DC war comics was a tough genre to collect in the first place. Three factors: They're war comics (much more attrition than superheroes of ANY company), they're DC comics (tougher than virtually any similarly dated Marvel genre counterpart any day of the week), and they're high grade. In my experience the 10¢ers are way harder than the 12¢ era, but there were definitely some really tough-to-assemble 12¢ers along the way.

These were two of the toughest:

This one is another example of when you'd see nice copies of B&B 50-70, but this one would always be conspicuously absent. This happened on a number of occasions over the years where nice 12¢ collections would emerge. This one is the Mohawk Valley copy, and has uncharacteristically nice (off-white) pages for that group.

bnb52.jpg

This isn't a 12¢er technically, but it's from that time period.

sgtrockpbt.jpg

I'm still missing a handful of DC 12¢er war books, but I ain't sayin' which ones they are. hm

Here are a couple that are very tough in high grade. All are White Mountains except the TOTU which is the Slobodian copy. Great posts by everyone, bye the way. (thumbs u

Ken

stradv51.jpg

talesunexp43.jpg

sa80.jpg

strangeadv79.jpg

wow, nicest copy I've ever seen of this one! Sweetness, Ken!

talesunexp43.jpg

Indeed a nice book! (thumbs u Someday Space Ranger's magesty will be realized by the comic book public at large...someday.

sa80.jpg
Bloody tough and bloody beautiful!!! :cloud9: