• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us Your silver age "hard to find in high grade" books!

1,000 posts in this topic

Only three of these in the census, this is the highest graded. It's so rare CGC put this copy in their gallery.

TeenBeat1Curator901.jpg

Hope the letterer got paid double on that one.

A book (and title) you never see in high grade...unfortunately I don't think there are to many collectors of it :(

Only 2 9.0's, no 8.5, 9.2 or 9.4 copies and 1 freaky 9.6

challengers6.jpg

Great book! I would think there'd be plenty of collectors of that...

A book like that might be better suited for one of the auction sites rather than a selling thread here.

This one is not in every dealer's box.

Ken

fallinginlove99.jpg

I've never seen that book. I love it ! Must be from around 1967/1968. Very Mod.

Thanks for showing.

Classic Estrada!

This one is not in every dealer's box.

Ken

fallinginlove99.jpg

I've never seen that book. I love it ! Must be from around 1967/1968. Very Mod.

Thanks for showing.

Classic Estrada!

Man! Adam beat me to the punch again!!!!

Definitely one of the coolest Estrada works. He wasn't allowed to do covers very often, which is another crime DC committed. His interior work was very stylized and underappreciated to be sure. Lotsa great stuff in the Kanigher Gallery of War in the Big-5 books from approximately the same time period (and into the 70s).

Estrada was a helluva nice guy, too. Always gracious to the fans. Came to the war comics banquets with an armload of artwork he'd worked on (previous to the con) at home just to donate to our annual auctions. We'd usually clear about $600.00 on Estrada's artwork alone. The guy flooded the market with his own work, but we could never get enough Estrada war. He was a force of nature. One of the true gents of the industry.

Mick

Well, at least it was a swift end for poor Michael Collins!!! Buz and Neil are screwed even if they don't get nailed by the moon sphinx.

mis36.jpg

One of my favorite MIS and greytone covers. :applause:

Ken

Absurdly difficult to find in that grade.

The DC counterpart to that book is tough as well.

HOM85.jpg