• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us Your silver age "hard to find in high grade" books!

1,000 posts in this topic

Superboy101.jpg

Beautiful books - but this cover is a clear example of why SA Superboy = Lame when I was a youngster. It's even more impressive that you took such good care of these as a kid in 1972, as even in this shape they were probably only about a quarter apiece back then.

Killer Superboys! Love the date stamps.

I wonder if this book exists in true HG.

I hope it does exist in high grade, that you find it, and that you sell me this as your undercopy! It's a beauty....and one of the hardest greytones to get.

Superboy101.jpg

Beautiful books - but this cover is a clear example of why SA Superboy = Lame when I was a youngster. It's even more impressive that you took such good care of these as a kid in 1972, as even in this shape they were probably only about a quarter apiece back then.

I can't defend the Handsome Hound of Steel. :P

Superboy101.jpg

I can't defend the Handsome Hound of Steel. :P

...I wonder if, after the transformation, Krypto had a strange urge to rescue kids named Timmy.....? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Jeffro's is the only one I've seen also. I would like to see a thread with EVERY gray tone DC cover in alpha numerical order...... what a treat that would be....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This thread is pulling out some great books. The two westerns posted by Jeffro and Comick are gorgeous.

This is probably my highest grade DC western...

WC69.jpg

This thread is pulling out some great books. The two westerns posted by Jeffro and Comick are gorgeous.

This is probably my highest grade DC western...

WC69.jpg

I still need this one. Passed on a decent copy years ago like a insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

This one isn't too shabby either

ASW_118.jpg

Seems like Kane was more likely to ink his own pencils on the westerns...which was a good thing.