• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doodle-Booze

23 posts in this topic

Just had an email from a comic shop I don't think I've ever bought anything from, but it seems like a pretty good idea.

You are invited to attend Doodle-Booze at Nation of Shopkeepers Bar in Leeds on Monday evening, 8th March.

Doodle-Booze is the drinking and drawing event hosted by OK Comics. We take over part of the pub, lay brown paper on the tables, leave pens everywhere and encourage people to scribble and swig.

It's a pretty informal event. No ticket is required, and people of all drawing abilities are welcome.

Fun starts at about 7.30pm, but feel free to arrive at any point in the evening. Just remember to bring your pens, pencils and beer money!

For any further details please contact shop@okcomics.co.uk or check the OK Comics Website.

Cheers, Jared

OK

The Nation of Shopkeepers Bar is at 27-37 Cookridge Street, Leeds, LS2 3AG, located in Leeds city centre behind the Henry Moore Institute and Central Library.

OK Comics is the award winning comic book shop in Leeds.

For the price of an int'l plane ticket and 10 or twelve Guinness Stouts, you could end up with a little something like this . . .

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-5.jpg

Mennonite Spidey.

:headbang:

It took me about four hours to get the shading on the upper lip right.

I can see it now. Peter Parker gets booted out of the family for being a Pennsylvania Dutch Polygamist. Leaves MJ and Gwen out to dry and they're shamed into leaving the camp.

lol